Saturday, February 24, 2007

my copycat scarf

As you may recall, I caught a case of the copycats a while back. I have been cured! The proof...


I am sooooo crushing on this scarf. And I'm not the only one. Check out the Chevron Scarf Flickr Group. It keeps growing with more and more awesome color combinations. Knitters are just so clever.

The pattern is simple, but striking. The knitting was repetitive, but not boring. Seeing the two different yarns melt together kept me an interested girl. Here are the nuts and bolts:

Pattern: Chevron Scarf
Source: Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Socks that Rock in Farmhouse and Watermelon Tourmaline
Made for: Moi
Length: Almost 7 feet
Needle Size: US 5 straights
Date Started: February 11, 2007
Date Completed: February 24, 2007

And of course, here's my obligatory model shot from the book (I swear, Ashley made me do it)...

15 comments:

diane hallstrom said...

Let me be the first to say how pretty you look in your scarf...very colorful...so you! I also love your new blog look--
Mom

AmyArtisan said...

The scarf looks wonderful...since you posted about having a case of the copycats I've been thinking I'll have to join in as well. :) A great diversion to the winter grays...

knittingphilistine said...

Oh, it turned out so pretty! Somehow, though I've seen two others exactly like it, it's still so pretty! Despite my penchant for avoiding the bandwagon, I've been trotting curiously alongside y'all for a while, and I've just recently jumped on board... I'll post my STR combo once I get it... it's a daring concoction that I've not yet seen... stay tuned!

And *heart* that your mom leaves you comments... mine does too! ;o)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, you're done already? What a speed demon! It looks so beautiful on you!! And thanks for humoring me with the headwrap ;) Which, by the way, I actually have to say totally suits you--you look gorgeous in it!

tiennie said...

Very pretty! I may have to catch a case of the copycats too!

Latoya said...

I like how you wrapped your head too. The scarf looks great - nice colors.

Knit on!

Amanda said...

Very pretty scarf!! The case of the copy cats is contagious isn't it?

vera said...

i second the cuteness of the headwrap on you! perhaps looking great in hats works for scarves wrapped on the head aswell? :0) looks fabulous, how is it that i have been able to manage to not to jump right onto this bandwagon? crazy, i tell ya!

Nonnahs said...

Love your new space AND your new scarf! That scarf is definitely copy-worthy!

amanda cathleen said...

lovely scarf!! I can see why you had to join in on the fun : )

I've been wanted to knit that scarf for a while, but I've been holding off. Does it curl in on the edges?

rachel iufer said...

it's beautiful!

iSeL said...

Beautiful!!

sarah said...

Lovely scarf!! I like the new digs too, why'd you decide to switch?

Nora said...

It's beautiful -and you look so pretty. I wonder if it'll work in dark coloured variegated yarns...

Meredith Whitney said...

I love you BLONDE!!! You knitting genius you!!!!