Friday, March 9, 2007

Bet your bottom dollar and a half.

I am steadily knitting away at Wicked. I think maybe I could finish it up this weekend if I really focus. And what better way to focus than by obsessing over the next knitting project. And the next project is...the Dollar and a half cardigan from Interweave Knits, Spring 2007. Hurrah!

My sister/roommate Erin and I are actually going to knit this project at the same time. Aren't we precious? And if sister-KAL action wasn't enough, I've also joined Chef Messy's KAL.

I have loved this project ever since I picked up this issue. It is just so darn cute! The yarn (Reynolds Soft Linen), however, has proven to be quite ellusive. So Erin and I are leaving work a smidge early today and rendevous-ing a the LYS to see what we can find. Then we'll head home for one of our famous Knitting and a Saga sessions. Tonight's saga: Battlestar Gallatica, the mini-series. I know, I know, we're coming late to the Battlestar Galatica party. But, frak! We've been too busy knitting.

9 comments:

knittingphilistine said...

You and Erin are too cute! I really do need to find myself my own knitty buddy. Ashley already ditched me and headed to NY, and then it's back to Michigan. So, I'll keep looking... and WOO! for the Dollar and a Half! I simply cannot wait to see the beginnings. Now, go get your geek Galactica on.

CassiLou said...

You guys are just too far away. I want to join the knitting and saga nights. can't wait to see wicked.

tiennie said...

It's about frakkin' time! I'd love to be an honorary sister and get to participate in your sister KALs and knitting sagas but I have 4 crazy sisters of my own. You guys are so awesome!

vera said...

oh, i fell in *love with that pattern the first time i saw it! it looks gorgeous. looove the cables. yummy!

Kate said...

That cardigan sure has my heart. I am so looking forward to knitting it.

Lolly said...

Oh, love the IK cardigan - I was just admiring it again yesterday... can't wait to see you and Erin knit it up!

Nonnahs said...

Love that cardigan! I can't wait to see the yarn you pick out!

Necia said...

I'm still knitting on Wicked too. I'm hoping I can get it done by this weekend too. Wishful thinking. Cant wait to see what you and Erin and choose for the dollar and a half cardigan.

Necia

Chef Messy said...

Whee! So glad you joined the knit-along! Can't wait to see your sweater!