Thursday, March 1, 2007

Just a little Wicked.


Since spring is almost here, now would be a really good time to cast on for a worsted wool sweater. Right? Oh c'mon. It is not like it's just any sweater. I mean, it's Wicked. Who can resist its short sleeves, cabled neckline, or pocket? Oh, the pocket!

I bought this pattern a couple of months ago, but it took me a while to decide on yarn. Recently I remembered I had a skein of Manos, namely in Flame 115, in my stash. I thought "Why not just swatch it up? What harm could that do?" So the swatch was knat and that was that. Who cares if I had to order 4 more skeins of the yarn to actually knit the sweater. I still get to use the one skein from my reserve which means it totally counts as stash busting. (I am in so much denial. It's sad really.)

Maybe if I knit it really fast, I can wear it before it gets warm. Yeah, that will work! See? I 'm not crazy, just a little wicked.

11 comments:

tiennie said...

Perfect color and yarn for wicked! Decadent!

CassiLou said...

So loven the yarn. It's lucious. As for the weater... I don't think it's ever going to warm up. Remember when we were living in Bountiful court? It was snowing in JUNE.... Ugh! So I daresay you will get lots of fun wear out of wicked before this year is out.

rachel iufer said...

i LOVE that colorway. excellent choice. that sweater is going to kick ass. and two thumbs up for pockets, they make everything better.

amanda cathleen said...

I can see why you had to knit wicked in that colorway, its perfect! I love it, and it is stash busting ; )

crzjane said...

Wicked does look like a fun sweater. And the way the weather's been lately, who knows what the temp. will be in July? I love the color of the yarn you chose.There are some reds that are ok and them there are reds that are breathtaking. Your red is the second! Can't wait to see it on you.

Nonnahs said...

Ooh! Manos, first of all- yum. And the color is amazing. That's gonna be one fabulous Wicked! Please note: I refrained from calling it a wicked Wicked. Thank you. ;)

Susan said...

Ooh, love the color. That will look fabulous on you.

Lolly said...

That red is fabulous! I quite like this pattern...

Kate said...

Wicked is looking great.
I love the color.

Margene said...

The color is wicked good!!

Latoya said...

I can't wait to see your fo before the weather warms. I try to challenge myself in the same way, but it never works. Good luck!

Knit on!