Sunday, May 20, 2007

Contest winners! Ya Ya!

I am overwhelmed. Reading the all of your Gilmore Girls memories made me giggle, sigh, and yes, tear up at times. I think the best part of this contest was that I discovered so many new blogs, and hopefully friends. But really, how could we not bond over a show like Gilmore Girls.

So on to the winner...It is sulafaye! Ya ya!! Her favorite moment:
"We're freaky fans too! Unfortunately we can only watch it on DVD, so we won't feel the full extent of your pain until next September when season 7 is released. Then I'll be crushed.

There is no way I could choose just one moment, so thanks for the option of posting two! I think that my favorite for right now is the Friday night dinner when Lorelai and Rory make up with Emily & Richard after the Luke/Christopher debacle at the vow-renewing ceremony. One minute they're crying, then they're laughing, then shouting. It is paced very different from most GG scenes, but so so funny!

(My husband's moment is Kirk's unwillingness to come up three cents when bartering for books at the local bookstore sale. And of course Kirk's movie.)"
Oh my goodness. Kirk's movie. How much am I gonna miss this show?!

And because Erin and I got all swept up in contest buzz, we decided to give out a second prize. The name we drew....Amy. Her moment:
"i love gg but am terrible at remembering tv, movies - anything. however, i did just love the knit out this season. the scene with all of them in the park knitting was definitely a fav moment for me."
Agreed. The knit-a-thon was an awesome episode. That night I experienced a supreme euphoria, created only when two intense passions collide...Gilmore Girls and knitting.

Well, sulafaye and Amy, Erin should be e-mailing you to get your snail mail address. So hopefully you'll be getting your Stars Hollow care packages soon. Congratulations, you two.

Since you shared your favorite moment with us, it is only fair that I share mine. Believe me, this was a toughie.

I don't mean to sound like an absolute sap, but I have to say Luke and Lorelai's first kiss still gets me. First they are arguing about whether or not they have been dating for the last couple of weeks and then Luke steps in closer to her.

LORELAI: What are you doing?
LUKE: Will You just stand still?

They kiss. Lorelai breaks away, looks at him, and then moves in again.

LUKE: What are you doing?
LORELAI: Will you just stand still?

And they kiss again. Of course they are interrupted by Kirk, suffering from night terrors, running naked out of the inn door. Only in Stars Hollow.
Well, there you have it. I promise to stop talking about Gilmore Girls...well at least for a little while. Be sure to check out Erin's favorite moment, too. And thanks again, for making this contest so memorable!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

The beauty of DVDs: You never have to say goodbye! Long live Stars Hollow!

WandaWoman said...

One of my favorite moments was the end of this season when Lorelai and Luke got back together, just looked at each other and kissed. Oh! My heart was full. So sad to see this show go, that's for sure. There were so many memories and I feel like I know the characters, even though it's a TV show.

Yaya said...

I still can't believe the show is over. I feel so bummed when my favorite shows end. It's like saying good-bye to a really, really good friend. But hey, I discovered a new blog in the process and more GG fans!

nova said...

This was a genius contest! It was fun to have a little forum about your GG memories. Thanks!

artmomma said...

Someone running around naked after a night terror? Not just Stars Hollow; my house too :)

sarah said...

SUCH a good moment! Those first kisses are always so tastey.

Courtney said...

I love Luke and Loralai together. I think your favorite moment might be mine too, but they're all so good. I also love any moment that involves Sookie.