Monday, June 18, 2007

Estes Park: Part One or...

How Erin got me to Kiss a Llama.

For the second year in a row, Erin and I descended on a little town in Colorado named Estes Park. This year, however, had a slightly different spin on it.

First of all, Erin is now a native of the CO. So we drove to the Wool Market in Erin's car. The same car we used to go to the grocery store in Salt Lake City, was the very same car taking us to the Wool Market. So weird.

Also, this year we were a little older and wiser about our approach. We didn't let the bright lights and smell of livestock disorient us. For me personally, I was able to take my time and really think about the purchases I was making instead of just throwing money at yarn because it looked like a purdy rainbow or an inside-out watermelon.


Thirdly, I really met up with some great bloggers this year. Last year, I think I was still a little shy about being a knit blogger, so I didn't really introduce myself to too many people. Maybe I felt like a poser or something, not cool enough to be in the club. But this year, I was able to drop that feeling and really meet some fun gals.

From Left to Right: Jane, Michaele, Jenifer, Chris, and Erin

And of course there was Kristi (a.k.a. Fiber Fool). She was a life saver for me at Estes Park. I will tell you how in Part Two.

In the end, Estes Park was a great experience. Erin and I made some fabulous purchases, met great gals, and were able to have some serious fun...See?

Oh, Estes, if anything, you are always good for some wacky hat fun.

And how could I forget, the kiss...

(I have no idea how Erin pulled this one off. She is an evil genius or something.)

Stay tuned for Estes Park: Part Two...

15 comments:

tiennie said...

How fun! Makes me wish I could've gone!

vera said...

Looks like you too had a blast! Wish i could have come!
That was some kiss! How on earth did Erin rope you into that one? Come on, admit it, you loved it! ;0)

Melissa said...

You and your sister are so cute! Can't wait to see the haul in Part 2!

nova said...

Kissy kissy! It looks like you had too much fun! I can't wait to see all the fun involved in the next post!

Ashley said...

Hee hee hee-the llama smooch is still cracking me up the next morning!

Bobbi said...

oh! I am super jealous! Estes Park is beautiful! and there was fiber! you lucky girl!

CassiLou said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! That is something I don't think I could EVER do. Looks like you had an awesome time. Can't wait for part 2.

Erin said...

Hahahahahaha...you kissed a llama. That was the best day ever.

Nonnahs said...

Looks like fun! The llama kissing photo op is priceless!

Sulafaye said...

You guys are just toooooo cute! I sense an advertising campaign coming on (for you, not the llama. Although he held his pose well too!).

I know what you mean about the knit blogger thing. You can't explain something like this, people just have to experience it!

Octopus Knits said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun -- and the scenery wasn't half bad, either! (Nice hats)

That's a pretty cute llama. Was he/she a good kisser?

Heather Joins The Round said...

Oh my word, you did actually kiss a llama! HOLY CATS!

Kelly said...

awwww looks like a fab time.
Mr. Llama looks like he was enjoying that ole smooch!

Lisa said...

Fun!

Chris said...

But... did the llama kiss you back? Inquiring minds want to know! It was fun to meet you and Erin!!