Monday, November 26, 2007

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YARN?


MISSING: Second skein of Queensland Collection's Kathmandu Aran
HEIGHT: 104 yards
COLOR: 128
LAST SEEN: Before the Thanksgiving holiday, while packing for my trip to visit Erin
KNOWN WHEREABOUTS: Somewhere between Salt Lake City and Denver
KNOWN ASSOCIATE: Gretel
CIRCUMSTANCES: I thought I packed this skein in my carry-on, but by the time I got to Denver it had disappeared. Upon my return to SLC, it was no where to be found. I need this skein to finish my second Gretel (mug shot above). All efforts are now devoted to organizing a search and rescue team.

If you see this skein, please tell it to come home. It is dearly missed.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Having not been in the areas of Denver or SLC or anywhere in between, I did not come across your yarn. If it does happen to cross my path I will surely tell it to march on home though!

Chris said...

Oh no! Maybe you can put out a plea to get a new skein in your dyelot??

amanda said...

Oh no! Did you check WEBS or Ravelry to see if you can snatch one up?

Disentangled said...

That's terrible! Good luck in your search and rescue efforts!...but you know someone working at the TSA has it ;-)

CassiLou said...

that bites. I'm so sorry. hopefully it is just wandered into a lone corner or under a bed? Even better, maybe little hands have gotten to it and just need to fess up? I know there were a lot of little hands at your house last saturday. smooches. Sassi

Nonnahs said...

Ruh-roh! I hope it turns up!

Bobbi said...

oh no! do you think you dropped it somewhere?

It looks pretty!

sulafaye said...

Hope it turns up soon (but glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving otherwise!). Perhaps it will leave bread crumbs to mark its path (I crack me up!)?

a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh, i am so bummed for you!!
i hope it shows up soon.

love this post! :)

nova said...

Oh. NoooOOoo! Take it from me, that yarn is no where near the parts of southeastern Connecticut. Bummer.

The Happy College Knitter said...

Oooooo! I know what THAT's the beginning of! :) Glad you found it. Yarn certainly can be naughty sometimes can't it?

The Happy College Knitter said...

Okay, I'd just like to say that I figured out that was Gretel BEFORE going back and reading that in your post. wow....HA!