Monday, December 24, 2007

On the eleventh day of Christmas...

My blog gave to me, the reason for the season.

You know, it's all about family isn't it? This Christmas Eve was filled with fabulous food, great music, new memories, and, most importantly, some of my most favorite people on the planet. We even had our parents in Hong Kong webcam in for the festivities. We are a very tech-savvy family...

Christmas Eve also means something very special in our family...Sisters' Night. Erin started Sisters' Night twenty years ago (Yes, 2-0! I can hardly believe it myself.) Basically the three sisters would all sleep in the same bed and wait for Santa to come. As we got older, not to mention bigger, we still kept the tradition going. This year, Sisters' Night hit a speed bump, Bri got married. But we wouldn't let a little thing like a husband stop us. We still celebrated and exchanged little sister presents. Erin gave us fab stripy gloves that had darling buttons up the sides. I gave the girls my new favorite book, The Daring Book for Girls--cause every girl should know things like the positions in Basketball, how to make friendship bracelets, and French terms of endearment. And Bri gave us matching pajama pants, because "if we can't sleep in the same bed, we'll at least be sleeping in the same thing."

I love family.

I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love it! Those PJ pants are totally stylin'!

Kaet said...

what cool gifts to give each other! you are so lucky to have such fun with your sisters...and i know you are all having a great holiday!

Kelly said...

hehehe you guys are soo cute :)

late bloomer said...

I so agree - Christmas is such a great reminder to make time for family and friends.
I re-introduced myself to friendship bracelets and taught my daughter and then we made a Christmas memory with a party for her and 5 of her friends. We all made friendship bracelets and then exchanged them in a BFF ceremony.
www.howtomakefriendshipbracelets.blogspot.com

Yarn Coffee said...

What a great tradition! It looks like you all had a really fabulous time! I think family traditions is what christmas is really all about, waiting all year to do this one thing that only your family can do when they get together. Happy Holidays!

Kirby

Nonnahs said...

Okay- love sister's night! And uh, let me know when you're accepting applications for another! ;)