Monday, December 17, 2007

On the fourth day of Christmas...

My blog gave to me, a confession and a pledge.

I am a major staller. Some of you may remember that I am currently "knitting" the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. But the truth is, I haven't picked up that project for a while. So what's the hold up? I'm not quite sure myself. All I know is that I just have to knit the sleeves, but can't bring myself to do it.

The funny thing is I adore the pattern. I can't wait to wear it. Yet something inside just doesn't want to put in the work to make that happen.

So in an effort to get over this hurdle, I am making a solemn plege: I promise to knit both sleeves to my Tangled Yoke Cardigan by the year's end. For the record, that means the stroke of midnight December 31, 2007. And heaven help me if I ring in the New Year holding knitting needles.

10 comments:

sulafaye said...

This daily blogging thing has gotten into your head! But here's to sleeving away. Hope it goes faster than you think!

Margene said...

Wow! That's a big challenge. Go Grrl!

Chris said...

Go go go!

Heather Joins The Round said...

But what better way to ring in the New Year?

Stephanie said...

You can do it! I totally know that feeling as well. I do well with a time crunch too. Hopefully that means I'll finish all my holiday knitting in time. Good luck! I know you can do it!!!

Kaet said...

believe me, i am suffering from major sleeve procrastination myself...so i feel your pain! i am trying to get mine done by christmas...we'll see!

Nonnahs said...

OMG! I'm at the exact same point you're at with the TYC (and one reason I haven't picked up mine either)! Sleeves. Ugh! Good luck with yours!

Zonda said...

Sending you fast sleeve knitting vibes!!

Ceylan said...

My TY has been abandoned as well while I knit gifts for others this Christmas. I'm almost finished with the sleeves, and everyday I walk by the bag that carries that project and say to myself "I need to finish those sleeves". You'll get it done!

Bobbi said...

wow that's a big commitment! You can do it! :)