Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the sixth day of Christmas...

My blog gave to me, a second look in the mirror.

Today I decided to finish up some Christmas shopping and brought my four-year-old niece along. During the course of finding Christmas gifts for others, I may have found a couple of things for myself. Shocking, I know.

When trying on my potentially new outfit I asked my niece, "How does it look?" She looked me up and down and replied, "It would look cuter with a smile." Oh, snap.

I guess what Little Orphan Annie says is true, "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

11 comments:

Erin said...

No she didn't! We have the cutest nieces ever.

HeidiBean said...

That is one of the "classickest" kid comments I've ever heard. I love her for saying that. PS, I've finished "little skinny" which turned into "sort of short, fat". When can we hang?

The Happy College Knitter said...

LOL...kids say the darndest things!

Sorry I missed the first 5 days of Christmas, I just played catch up. Very cute :)

Sulafaye said...

Ah, classic! That's one of those you can return to her at her prom or graduation or some other perfectly fitting moment!

Mom said...

How darling is our Ellie! Absolutely too cute for words! Thanks for sharing with us...and keep smiling!

Lisa said...

Ha ha ha! That is truly funny.

Chris said...

Your niece is wise beyond her years!

Bobbi said...

LOL! how funny!

a friend to knit with said...

ahhh! adorable. and isn't it soooo true! how many times have you wanted to say that to a stranger? i have a lot!

rachel iufer said...

Kids are so smart :)

Stephanie said...

Oh man...this totally brought back some memories. When I was a kid "Annie" was my all time favorite. My mom took me to the broadway showing of it. I would sing the songs constantly. And...let me make myself sound really old here.....she bought me the music from the show...on tape and I made her return it and bring me back a record. I still have it :) Thanks for the smile!