Sunday, February 17, 2008

The sun will come out tomorrow.

Yin and Yang. It teaches us there is balance in all things. And since I just blogged about a perfect day in Hong Kong, this second day had to have a few hiccups. Darn zen.

So if you had a second day in Hong Kong, you should consider doing the following...

Riding the tram to Victoria Peak. The tram takes you up to the most famous peak on Hong Kong island, Victoria Peak. It is a fun ride and very steep at times, you can almost feel gravity pulling on you. At the top of the peak you can get a breath-taking view of Hong Kong. Well, usually. When we went, it was so foggy that you could barely see a thing. Oh well, we had some fun with Bruce Lee (There is a Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in the observation building.)


Eating dumplings. A dumpling or dim sum lunch is a must in Hong Kong. We went to a popular restaurant located in the City Hall building. It was a great place where the dumplings are served on trolleys and you just pick whatever looks good to you. The servers didn't really speak English, so it was gamble every time we picked a dumpling basket. ("Please don't let it be ostrich brains...") But you know what? Everything we picked was absolutely delish. So what was the hiccup here? Ryan started to feel sick so he had to go lay down somewhere, while Jaimi and I filled up on dumplings.


Seeing the Tian Tan Buddha. This is a great side trip out of Hong Kong--it takes about 40 minutes to get out to Lantau Island on the MTR, but so worth it. From the subway you take a cable car ride to get to the buddha, it offers a great view of rolling green hills and the big buddha in the distance. When you arrive, you simply walk over to the buddha, climb some stairs, and take in the majestic size and beauty of the buddha. So what could have possibly gone wrong? See for yourself...

Although Jaimi and I couldn't find the Buddha, we still managed to have a great time.

Well, that is almost it for Hong Kong. Tomorrow, I am off to Shanghai with my mom and then we are going to meet up with my dad in Beijing for the weekend. When we get back, I have only one more day in Hong Kong and then I am off to London. It is all coming so fast. I can't decide whether to be nervous or excited. Who are we kidding, I am soooo excited!

13 comments:

martha said...

It all sounds so exciting! I can't wait to read about your adventures in London. BTW, how did the custom wardrobe turn out?

Lolly said...

i am amazed and excited for you - Hong Kong looks like a wonderful place, and I can't wait to hear about London too. Amazing. have I mentioned how jealous i am? :)

sulafaye said...

I can't believe your Hong Kong phase is almost over. It certainly looks like you've had a blast. (and I am anxious to hear about your wardrobe too!)

CassiLou said...

I am so jealous. I want to do all of those things! Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to hear about London! Love you! Miss ya. I know that sounds weird, since we'd go months w/o seeing each other, but atleast I knew you were somewhere 'close'. Now you are so far away.

Erin said...

eek! You are so close to London. Are you really doing this?

shopgirl said...

What an AMAZING adventure you are on! Thank you for sharing! (Great scarf, BTY)

nova said...

i really want to be you when i grow up.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

dang fog! It looks like you still had a great time!

a friend to knit with said...

enjoy every precious moment! these are the days.....to remember!

Robin said...

Dim sum in Hong Kong! How lucky are you?

amanda said...

Wow, glad you having such a blast. And a little jealous, too!!!

Heather Joins The Round said...

Well, don't keep your reader in suspense! How's London?

Lisa said...

I'm a little late in the commenting department because I've been sick, but thank you so much for these two lists. My SIL is headed to China next week and I sent these over to her. I'm sure she'll enjoy it as much as I did.