Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Lake Distrct.

One thing I have learned from my stay in London is that you have to be open to the unexpected.

A couple of weeks ago, I ended up going on a spontaneous trip to the Lake District. Sunday night, I met a guy named T, an American just passing through London who I knew from college (Well, that is still up for debate. We couldn't quite connect how we knew each other). Monday morning we were renting a car and driving north. Don't worry, he drove. There was no way that I was going to drive on the wrong side of the road.

T and his machine.

Our spontaneity was rewarded. I mean, just look at this...

Minutes after this was taken we were caught in a deluge.

T wasn't satisfied til he reached the top of the waterfall.

Those little white fluffs? Sheep.

I don't know why I don't look more excited. Just look around, Kara.

T was a good sport and indulged me in stopping at Hill Top Cottage, Beatrix Potter's home...


And the Lakeland Sheep and Wool Centre. We even watched their "show."



So here's to adventures waiting to be taken.

19 comments:

KeanaLee said...

Some pretty amazing stuff there! Looks like a great time & I wish that I could go there, the landscape is gorgeous.

Heidelweiss said...

How lovely! I like your traveling companion-you are a dark horse. If you don't email me soon I will cyber bully you.

CassiLou said...

I want an email too!!!!!! Hello!!! My what a fun adventure. And your companion is sure interesting.

the Lady said...

So beautiful, so cool! It's funny how we run into people half-way around the world.

Keepin' up with the Jones' said...

I love T! I met him my freshman year of college and we were friends during our college years. He used to come over to our BC apartment for b-day parties - you probably met him at one of those. I'm glad you got reconnected. He's such a hoot! looks like you are living it up there! i'm jealous.

craftoholic said...

I thought that landscape looked familiar! Did you see the movie "Miss Potter"? It was lovely and the scenery of the Lake District just amazing. Wish I could go, but at least I get to enjoy vicariously through your blog :-)

Julie said...

Didn't we know T freshman year? I remember a T. I'm jealous of your pics. It looks so beautiful! And green! And I was just thinking we were looking green, but alas not that gorgeous of a color. Glad you're having fun!

SmallandCheery said...

Beatrix and Sheep and Lovely Lakes! How fun! (And you are very very brave to pet the stuffed sheep)

Nonnahs said...

Gorgeous scenery!

tiennie said...

You look like you're having so much fun! Enjoy and enjoy and enjoy!

Laurel said...

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! You are SO living the life!
Love this...I'll be there in August. Stick around!

Diane said...

Wonderful update! The Lake District looks fabulous as do you. So delighted that you are having great adventures...However, as to going on trips with people (males) that you've just met? What on earth WOULD your mom say? :)

Adam and Bri said...

Just beautiful! And the Lake District ain't bad, either. :)

Oh, and remember how I'm going to see you in a month? Woo hoo!

Octopus Knits said...

You are having some wonderful adventures! I'm enjoying your pictures so much : )

t & britty said...

just incredible! thanks for making life so fun!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

how beautiful!

Robin said...

Soooo jealous...

ali said...

Hey Kara,

I came to ask permission to frequent your blog--I link stalked you from kev and melanie's blog, I hope that's ok...

you look great, we miss you!

Nicole said...

I'm green with envy! What an unforgettable landscape! So fun Kara!!