Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wales of a time.

Long live the tradition of the bad pun titles! Anyway, the same weekend I enjoyed lovely Bath, I was able to take in a little bit of south Wales. Wales is just a beautiful country with lots of green fields and open space, a welcome break from the hectic and dense life of London.

While we were there we got to take in a little culture...

Wales Millenium Center.

Play in a ruined castle...

Coity Castle.

Ruined? Not to me.

Two maidens in a tower.

Gotta love those nooks and crannies.

Cross a river the ye olde fashion way...

"You keep using me just like a stepping stone."

Emilia crossing the water in high-heeled boots. Brave woman.

And hit the beach.

A pretty picture, but I think I was telling myself, "Please don't twist your ankle."

Emilia was crazy good at skipping stones. I dubbed her the Stone Whisperer.


Who knew rocky beaches could be this beautiful?

So that is my Wales experience in a Nutshell. But don't you worry, the excursions are far from over. Next post I will tell you about my gallivanting in the Lake District. So exciting...

15 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh my gosh! So beautiful!

Miriam said...

Dr. Who and Torchwood have ruined me. I don't think I can ever see the Wales Millenium center without thinking of those shows.

The Happy College Knitter said...

What beautiful photos! Glad you're having a fun trip..err...life experience! I was starting to get worried...

Thanks for the support on the shawl process, at this point, I ordered her some of this...http://www.knit-purl.com/Products/ProductDetail.php?Inventory_ID=Y00580-03&PHPSESSID=63c825989fddb85063dbec1847b3f524
and some of these... http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/sterling-silver-rosewood-sphere-knitting-needles-p-2411.html

I think she's coming out ahead this mother's day! :) again, glad you're well!

the Lady said...

Very very pretty! When I was there, I thought it was so weird/neat that there would just be these freaking castles - ruined or standing, that were just hanging out in the middle of everything. Quite a contrast.

Denise said...

I can't skip a stone to save my life!!! Great pictures!

Erin said...

Beautiful pictures--looks like a perfect weekend. It is no fair. If I wasn't going to soon be there I would jealously say it is time for you to get a job like the rest of us. :)

vera said...

looks like you are having a blast!!! glad it's all turning out how you hoped it would, K.
i'm loving all the photos, so keep em coming! :0)

amandacathleen said...

ohmygosh! Your photo's are painfully beautiful. Painful because I wish I was there. That castle is so darn cool!

Heidelweiss said...

I love Wales! One of the worst headaches I've ever had came from Wales. I hit my heat on castle (widely known to be the hardest substance on earth) and it almost knocked me out! Wales is one of the most beautiful places! It seems to have as many castles as Utah has churches. It is time for you to get a job like the rest of us (said Heidi, jealously).

tiennie said...

Take more trips! I love these "tours!" Glad you're having a great time.

CassiLou said...

Can I just take off and play for a couple of months? Oh wait! I did that for a month last year in Hawaii. Not as relaxing as your trip. I had screaming kids.

Nonnahs said...

Great photos! Keep 'em comin'! :)

Megs said...

Wow. It looks like you are having a really great time in London! Wish I was there..oh wait, I AM.

Romi said...

Wowza! I am green with envy. Thank you for letting us live vicariously through you. :)

Emma said...

I'm having a wander around your blog and I happened upon your Wales post. As a Welsh girl living in England I have a real 'hiraeth'/longing for home. I was brought up not far from the Italian village of Portmeirion, a stunning place. I'm so lucky to have grown up here!

I can't wait to read more on your travels!
Dwin caru dy blog! (I love your blog!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27357095@N04/3110841478/