Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Erin Invasion

So far my time in London has been one of true introspection. It has been a real journey of "me", a period in my life to be alone and reflect on...oh forget self-discovery! Erin came to town! Hurrah! Let the fun begin.

I tought the best way to represent our fun was through a series of self-portraits taken throughout ole' Londontowne. Oh, how we loved the self-portraits...

The girls and a certain bloke named Big Ben.

The girls in the London Eye.

The girls at Picadilly Circus.

The girls at Buckingham Palace.

The girls taking a turn about the room in the V&A.

The girls having some Soft Ice with Flake 99 on the River Thames.

The girls enjoying a spot of tea.

The girls stubbling on a movie premiere in Leicester Square. We even managed to catch a glimpse of SJP wearing this...yeesh.

The girls on Tower Bridge.

The girls at the wacky, but awesome, Royal Pavilion in Brighton.

The girls winding down on the pebbly beach in Brighton.

Looking at these pictures, I realized sometimes it is not about what you see, but who you see it with. Deep, huh? Seeing London with Erin will always be something pretty darn special to me.

As you know, London was just the first stop in our Grand Tour. And since Erin has all the pics on her camera from Scandi-land and Gay Paree, you will have to check out her blog for the full low down.

15 comments:

Erin said...

It is pretty darn special to me too babe. Yay for self-portraits!

Margene said...

I'm rather envious you and Erin have such a great relationship. You are much more than sisters.

Amanda said...

Those self-portraits are so adorable. There isn't a better way to explore London :) Keep me updated on the job search!

Amanda said...

And p.s. SJP's hat - yikes!

Durrett Family Band said...

An ode to sisterly love. I always love taking trips with my sisters.

Disentangled said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Can't wait to see more photos :-)

Laurel said...

you Hallstroms are the QUEENS of the self-portrait.

Love it.

Heidelweiss said...

You guys are pretty stinkin' cute! I'm v. jealous. You both look amazing and also like you're having a fab time. Erin never answered my question about meeting any suitable men in their regimentals. Did you?

Chef Messy said...

It looks like you guys are having such a great time! You make me want to pack up my sisters and take a girl trip! I've really been enjoying your blog lately--can't wait to see where you go next!

CassiLou said...

Those are awesome. fun memories. I wish I could be in london

Heather Joins The Round said...

Oh, how fun! Makes me miss my sisters!

Adam and Bri said...

These self portraits are doing us proud! Just fabulous.

tiennie said...

Great fun!! I love all your self portraits together!

ali said...

LOve and miss you guys!!!! Looks like you guys are living he dream.

Jon H

amanda said...

How very true! Looks like you two had a blast :)