Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Flat: The Bedroom and Bathroom After Edition

Thanks for all the compliments on my paint choices thus far. I am having so much fun with putting my flat together. Everyday, it feels more and more like me.

Next I thought I would show you my bedroom and bathroom. Warning: These rooms are down-right girly. But considering I am a said girl who lives all by herself...well, why the heck not, right?

First off, the bedroom...


Yes, it is purple. Well, technically, Violet Ash from Behr. I just thought it was a pretty, sophisticated color that would be very relaxing as I fell asleep at night.


When it first went up on the wall, I freaked out a little bit. I thought I might be a little too teeny-bopper purple. That I was doomed to putting up High School Musical posters and reading Tiger Beat in bed. But as it dried and with a second coat, it changed into a darker violet color. It still is a lot of color, but put some art up on the walls, I think that will be easily rectified.


This is my cute nightstand I got from Anthropologie a few years back. I love it. It is home to my new tea cup from Portugal and some vintage used books, including Genteman Prefer Blondes, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Here Lies the Collected Stories of Dorothy Parker.

And of course, one of my new prized possessions. My mirrored dresser from Z Gallerie. It is so Hollywood Regency chic and totally worth the splurge.


Next up is the bathroom. I had to cover that abrasive orange-red paint with something. So I picked the girliest choice possible...light pink.


Originally, I was thinking of going a dark raspberry. But being in that bathroom for a couple of months with the dark red, I realized the dark color reflected on your face. So for the sake of keeping my make-up application somewhat normal, I opted for a light paint. But I think I might have to pick up some dark raspberry towels for my consolation.

My bathroom is pretty small, so it is hard to get the right picture angles to show you things, but I had to show you one of my favorite things about my bathroom. The shower arch. It is so darling.


So as of this instant, I have no rooms left to paint. What a freeing feeling. Now I just have to get down to decorating. But that is the fun part...

32 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

Absolutely fabulous, dah-ling. Seriously. I adore the purple and pink.

Well done!

Amander said...

Looks really lovely. LOVE that mirrored dresser. You are so glam.

Megs said...

Love it!!! (sing to get full effect)

Jane said...

Dude! It's awesome! I want to move RIGHT IN. Seriously, you've got such a great sense of style, and it looks like such a peaceful and relaxing place to be. You've totally motivated me to do some more to the place I'm living at the moment. Thanks for sharing! :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

Darling! How fun to get to decorate exactly how you want. I love the shower arch too.

Durrett Family Band said...

The dresser is A-mazing. The wall colors are so inviting. I totally want a pink bathroom in my dream house.

Melanie said...

Too girly, my foot! That purple looks elegant and the dresser is the perfect addition.

ali said...

it's BEAUTIFUL! I love the violet, it is very sophisticated. And I really love the dresser too!

sula said...

That is a gorgeous shade of purple, and I think raspberry towels are going to be perfect. What a charming place to come home to!

WandaWoman said...

all of your painting and decorating efforts look wonderful. I love that color Violet Ash. It's perfect purple and unabashedly female! Love it!

artmomma said...

That purple is lovely! And is it my moniter, or is your hallway a chartreuse-y yellow? Very nice.
(Also, your Tiger Beat mention made me snort Chai out my nose).

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

love it! (I was seriously going to say this before reading Meghan's comments...what can I say, it's genetic?!)

Laurel said...

I don't know which I love more. The yummy girlness of it all or the fact that you are calling it a "flat".

you're too cool for school, Kara.
Too cool for school.

Lauren said...

Well I think your purple bedroom looks wonderful! Now I'm feeling like I need to paint...!

Heidelweiss said...

I love it! The orangeish bathroom was a bit prosty-ish, yes? Now it's soothing and lovely. I can't wait to see the rugs. You are SUCH a girl. I'm going to start calling you "Teen Beat".

Jeanne said...

Very nice - I really like the color choices. And it makes me want to paint my bedroom now...

Margene said...

You have a wonderful sense of style!

Erin said...

I think the bedroom color is perfect. I really don't think it is teeny bopper. Love the way everything is looking.

Stephanie said...

Such pretty colors!! Love love love that dresser!

tiennie said...

How pretty! I've often wonder what my home would look like if it was just me and not having to worry about whether it is hubby and kid proof and friendly.

Nonnahs said...

Oh I LOVE your girly apartment! So much fun! :)

KeanaLee said...

Looks great! Keep it up! That place is dynamite!

t and britty said...

i love your choice of colors and style. how cool to have your very own everything!

Nantucket Dreams said...

i think the purple is sophisticated...and the room is just girly enough without being pepto-bismal girly! i am in love with the dresser and i know you will treasure it for years to come!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you have such great taste! every thing looks lovely!

Tracy said...

Love it, love it, love it! You are too cute with your nesting/decorating craze. I love the colors you chose and your furniture. Ok-I'm especially coveting your dresser. Fancy and elegant. I'm so happy for you.
Love ya- Tracy

Octopus Knits said...

I think your color choices are lovely, and your furniture choices so far are great. The shower arch is cool!

delovely said...

Thanks for the compliment on my Koolhaas! You're new place, btw, has me green with envy. You did such a great job decorating it!

amanda said...

Your flat looks amazing! I love your color choices and think it should be featured in a decorator's mag!!

Jeff said...

I'm so impressed with your bedside reading choice.

Sara Kirby said...

Looks great!

You've been tagged! http://theknittingtype.blogspot.com/

AMIT said...

Very good pics.
BPO work from home