Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Facebook, Austen style!

Yeah, I'm a Facebook-er. ("Who isn't?" you say.) I don't know what it is. I love just reading random tidbits from people that I see on a daily basis or haven't see since high school. It's like taking a little peep into my peeps' lives. Things like:
  • Jacqueline became a fan of bacon.
  • Heidi is so tired but just can't stop watching 30 Rock. "We're a team... like chicken and a chicken container"
  • Briana just got finished sobbing through the entire two hours of Biggest Loser. Seriously, I'm spent.
So it was awesome when my darling friend Julie from college, forwarded me this link.

It is the story of Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (duh), told through a Facebook news feed. It is awe...wait for it...some. And for a Janeite like me, it is heaven sent. Thank you internets!

PS - I fully aware that I have blogged four days in row. I know. I don't know what's going on with me.

16 comments:

Amander said...

That is hilarious! I think I like P&P better facebook style ;)

Lisa said...

Have you seen the Jane Austen leatherbound seven novels at B&N? I got one on clearance just after Christmas. You must go!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=jane+austen+leatherbound

Wine and Needles said...

That will definitely speak to a new generation about the awesomeness of Austen!

tiennie said...

Look at you blogging so much! I haven't join Facebook yet. Maybe I should? Would you friend me? :) I'm afraid it'll be so much of a time suck!

ali said...

I'll have to check that out. It's funny--I just happen to be in the middle of watching P&P (the long version with Colin Firth). I keep thinking it should get old, but that's the genius of Jane Austen--it never ever gets old.

I keep wondering if I should join facebook... Maybe someday.

Adam and Bri said...

Keep the blogging coming! I'm loving every word.

Oh, and I seriously did sob during TBL — with hiccups!

Heidelweiss said...

I'm loving this Everblog you've become! That link is great. And also, fb is my dream. It fulfills my dream of being a fly on the wall. Je t'aime fb. We're a team...

Chancy said...

That is SO great! I love it.

the Lady said...

OMG, I love that link! It is so utterly great.

The Happy College Knitter said...

LOL. We should be facebook friends, I've decided.

sula said...

I owe you for that link! It's just too funny (from another Janeite).

amanda said...

That's so funny. I'm on Facebook, too, and it is rather addicting and interesting to see what everyone is up to!

Kristine said...

That is the most awesome thing ever!

Diane said...

I had almost thought you forgot you had a blog! Whew! Nice to have you back and making all of us smile with delight at your postings. Keep it up!

Laurel said...

kara
+
blogging
=
all is right in the world.

knitseashore said...

I haven't joined FB yet. Like Tiennie, I'm worried I will have no life left for knitting! But you sure make it sound fun...

I did not know that are an expert in slouchy berets. I wish I had. I just finished the 1930s beret and I'm not sure it came out all that well. Do you have a recommendation for a movie star type beret?