Sunday, January 11, 2009

The kindness of (not really) strangers

You know, during my months of suffering from my Knitting Nojo affliction, I was undeservedly blessed by the kindness of blog friends.

First off, tiennie. Everyone knows that tiennie is a true Wonder Woman. She is an amazing knitter (how she knits socks so fast, I will never understand), mother, wife, and person. I have just loved getting to know her through her blog. So I was so excited when I won one of ther contests and I got these lovelies in the mail.


Two skeins of Heritage sock yarn from Cascade Yarns. I will try to do this yarn justice and make some socks that tiennie herself would be proud of.

And then, of course, there is Rachel. She is truly is the Happy College Knitter. I knew we would be blog friends when I discovered we share a love for the same TV shows (Pushing Daisies, Arrested Development), Ysolda Teague patterns, and slouchy berets. Seriously, it is a sickness. If it is slouchy and beret, chances are that one of us will knit it.

So of course, when I won a special prize from her blog contest, I was thrilled when I got this...


Fabulous chocolate truffles, and of course, a slouchy beret. And not just any slouchy beret, but Rose Red by Ysolda Teague (ravelry link). Sigh, Rachel, you know me soooo well.



So thank you blog friends for your thoughtful pressies, your blogs, and just being you!

12 comments:

Amander said...

How cute are you in that slouchy beret?!

Margene said...

Don't pretty gifts like that make you want to knit? The beret is darling!

Denise said...

Lovely goodies, and congrats to you on winning them. Can't wait to see what socks you knit with the yummy yarn ;-)

Erin said...

What can I say? You really are charmed lately.

Jane said...

2 wins in a row! What are the chances?! That's so cool, and the beret in particular is just gorgeous. You look fab in it! Enjoy your wins.

Heidelweiss said...

What the what? You're blogging again? I just checked on here to annoy myself and lo... here you are! LOVE IT! I love the slouchy beret of Bri's and I love the cute'n you're wearing in this very post. Ha. Adorable. If it makes you feel any better, I've lost track of the projects that I have NOT finished. At least you finished one ;).

SpiderWomanKnits said...

What fun and what a treasure the beret is! Happy Stuff :-)

yaya said...

Yea! It's good to have you blogging again :-) Love the beret it looks great!

tiennie said...

Aw thanks for the nice words! You look so darn cute in that!

Nonnahs said...

Ooh! Love your beret! And, that yarn is SO yummy! I can't wait to see what you make out of it! :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

Beautiful beret.

The Happy College Knitter said...

Hooray! It seriously looks adorable on you--I'm so happy you like it!