Sunday, January 11, 2009

Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret

This is Bri doing her 'fierce' model pose.
Please ignore the 'unfierce' Wienerschnitzel in the background.

And FO, people! It is true. After four months, I finally knit my little sister, Bri, the slouchy beret she requested for her birthday. (Knitting nojo, remember?)

For her birthday, Bri and I scoured Ravelry to find the perfect slouchy beret pattern for her. We eventually decided on this one, The Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret (ravelry link) by Natalie Larson. It is a darling pattern, and best yet, it's free, people!


So here are those all-important stats...

Pattern: Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret
Source: Natalie Larson
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Flammé
Made for: My lil' sis, Bri
Needle Size: US 10/11 circs
Date Started: January 4, 2009
Date Completed: January 9, 2009

You know, I consider myself quite a connoisseur of slouchy berets. This pattern is a real stand out because it is very easy to knit and really fabulous to wear. A perfect combination. Just see for yourself.


Happy (Belated) Birthday, Bri!

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute!

Side note: I see snow on the ground there. How is your little sister not shivering in these photos with that short sleeve (but cute) top???

Durrett Family Band said...

Cute, cute. I miss you tons. I'm calling you this week so keep an eye out.

Chef Messy said...

Cute! And it matches her eyes exactly!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Yea! I would love to read more of your cute blogs. The beret is darling too.

Sara Kirby said...

OMG! Next up on my knit-list! It looks absolutely beautiful and especially lovely on your sister! Congrats on getting your knitting mojo back!

Amander said...

Two blogging days in a row, what?! So excited. The photo shoot was awesome - she looks totally fierce (and the beret - beautiful!).

The Happy College Knitter said...

Twice in as many days?! Blowing. my mind. Love that hat, it's one of my favorites in 08! :)

Nonnahs said...

So cute! Yay! :)

Erin said...

Awww, Bri is the cutest. And so is that beret.

Kelly said...

very cute! She suits it well.

Stacy said...

I made the same one, in almost the same color! Don't you love it?

Bri said...

I'm realizing I should have put the coat on for the photo shoot! But then that would be too logical for me, now wouldn't it? :)

Thanks for the hat, Kara-Lara! I adore it.

Martha in California said...

It's beautiful and it matches her pretty eyes. She is obviously from snow country because she's not wearing a sweater. I'd be freezing my tushy off.

Meg said...

Super cute! Glad to see you've rediscovered a bit of knitting mojo.

sula said...

Looks perfect! What a lucky sister! Thanks for doing all the research on the best slouchy beret...off to queue it!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

Breezy is definitely the Queen of Hats! Love the color and design...and the model and the knitter!

ali said...

that's great! I need to make one of those...

tiennie said...

This is so cute! It looks so great on her.

KeanaLee said...

Look at that view from your place, so beautiful & that HAT!!!! So great, lovely!

Nantucket Dreams said...

the color is so amazing with her eyes! i am so glad you are getting your knitting MOJO back!