Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Porom: The Play!

The following is a dramatization of a shopping trip with my gal pal, Jaimi, last autumn:

Jaimi picked up several slouchy knit berets on display and cooed. Yes, cooed.

Jaimi: "Oooh, love this."
Kara: "I know, slouchy berets are the most darling. I look really good in them."
Jaimi: "I do too!"
Kara: "This is why we are friends. Our ability to look fab in hats."
Jaimi: "I wonder how much they are?"
Kara: "I have a better idea, how bout I knit you one?"
Jaimi: "Really?!"
Kara: "Of course! I can have one done in no time. Easy peasy lemon squeezy."
Jaimi and Kara: "Ya Ya!"

A couple months have passed. Kara and Jaimi are again shopping (do you see our pattern?), and again are presented with a slouchy beret display.

Jaimi: "I think I should just buy one of these. I really want one."
Kara: "Oh yeah, didn't I say I was going to knit you one?"
Jaimi: "Uh huh."
Kara: "Ok, I promise I will. [Long pause.] But maybe you should buy that one just in case."
Jaimi: "Well, maybe just in case..."

Jaimi proceeded to buy it. But later returned it. Why? For some reason, she believed in me and wanted to hold out for the slouchy beret she knew I'd knit for her. This week, her wait came to an end.

And Scene.


So I finally knit that girl some slouchiness. No one can say I don't keep my promises, they just can't say I keep them timely.


Jaimi was born to model knits on blogs, no?

Oh so slouchy!

I love having friends that indulge me in my kooky bloginess and embrace my need for "photo shoots." Jaimi, you're a doll. Go forth and slouch!

PS - Here are the stats...

Pattern: Porom
Source: Jared Flood
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed in Melody (Leftover yarn from TYC. Go stash busting, go!)
Made for: My gal pal, Jaimi
Needle Size: US 6/8 circs
Date Started: January 27, 2009
Date Completed: February 3, 2009

32 comments:

Laurel said...

so perfect.
really...love it...even though I kind of thought you were making it for me.

Laurel said...

btw, I caught the last 10 minutes of How I Met Your Mother tonight...love it. you are right.

Trisha said...

this one is very pretty. the color is divine, probably because special shades of purple like this one speak to my soul!

my sister looks great in berets, and i think it would, if it were a slouchy one. i should give one like this a try!

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

p.s. i love the birds on the wall!

Martha in California said...

The beret looks adorable on your friend! It came out perfect.

Erin said...

Jaimi looks fab in the beret...of course. I really hate how that girl looks cute in everything. Darn her.

Adam and Bri said...

just adorable. and i love the purple!

Margene said...

You are a very good friend and she couldn't be more adorable in that hat!

Rosi G. said...

Oh, I love it!! The knit AND your entry w/the play. HEHEHE!!

You're one lucky girl to have friends that indulge your photo shoots. Mine moan and grumble to the point that I say FINE, FORGET IT!

They don't want to model it but they're happy to keep it. Shoo. :(

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

looks like it was worth the wait!

Tala said...

Lovely beret - ADORE the color! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my little cutie - he's a joy!

Chancy said...

Great hat and great model. Aren't Jared's patterns just wonderful? I love the birds on the wall as well. Is that part of the new home?

tiennie said...

This post was HI.LA.RI.OUS! You rock and so does Jaimi!

a friend to knit with said...

this just makes me smile.
and yes. you both look fab in hats!!!!!

the Lady said...

Fabulously slouchy!

Stacy said...

Fantastic - I love the color and perfect slouchiness. Lucky Jaimi!

Durrett Family Band said...

Yeah for you for completing another fabulous knit. And Jaimi looks delighted with it!

Diane said...

It's darling. Love the color. Jamie looks like she was born to wear a slouchy hat. Beautiful job Kara!

Stephanie said...

Love love love!!! I haven't ever worn a slouchy beret but this is simply darling. Hmmm. I tend to lean towards cloches and things of that nature. But damn it that ain't so cute :) I love the little birds on the wall as well.

(and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog as well. I really appreciated it. The tattoo really means a lot to me and I'm so glad that I finally got it!)

amanda said...

you're such a good friend! And she is too, for believing in you :)
It looks fab on her. Great color!

Heidelweiss said...

Beautiful!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Darling!

KeanaLee said...

So great....my friends know to hang on to the bought one...LOL

ali said...

very nice! She looks great.

Nonnahs said...

It's fantabulous! :)

sula said...

Brava, brava! Excellent performance, especially by wardrobe!

Sara Kirby said...

This hat looks divine! I want to make one right now! i could wear that in spring, right?

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

PERFECTO !!!

Jeff said...

The photos of Jaimi are fantastic. And so is the hat.

Debby said...

I envy your fun!! Looks like you had a great time doing the shoot.

Meredith Whitney said...

That was absolutely better than anyone she could have bought! Adorable. I think I might need one too...now that I have TWO hats that I look cute in. Definitely not your hat gift, but a start.