Thursday, April 30, 2009

Booties, baby!

Well, I'm back from the land of Cheesestake and the Liberty Bell and had a great time. It was perfect weekend filled with historic-girly-foodie fun. (Pics to come later.) But the real reason the gals made this special trip was to visit our darling friend, Mackenzie. She is pregnant with her first baby so to celebrate we thought we'd have a girls' weekend/baby shower mash up.

And what kind of friend would I be if I didn't knit the little one a little something?

Bump and Booties.

Just some baby booties from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I've never knit this pattern before, but let me tell you, I loved it. Knitting that little pocket for the toe is unnaturally satisfying. I chose not to go with the suggested angora yarn, although I love the fuzzy look. I just loved the idea of these girly rainbow ones.

Isn't Mackenzie the cutest prego ever? What's more, she is such a good friend and a perfect hostess. She put up with 5 girls crashing her one-bedroom apartment and was always happy to show us the ins and outs of Philly. As my friend Jaimi would say, "She is so mobile." (I guess us childless girls tend to underestimate the pregnant ones.) Basically, she was the reason we had such an great trip. Thanks, Mack!


Oh yes, some booty stats...

Pattern:
Angora Baby Booties (sans angora)
Source: Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Socks that Rock in Watermelon Tourmaline
Made for: Baby Stella (at least that's what he called the bump all weekend)
Needle Size: US 5
Date Started: April 14, 2009
Date Completed: April 16, 2009

12 comments:

Amander said...

How cute is your friend? (Oh, and those socks are great too!)

the Lady said...

That's gonna be one hot mamma! Cute booties!

martha - ca knitter said...

OMG, the booties are adorable just like the momma!

Erin said...

Whose idea was it to balance the booties on the bump? So cute!

Adam and Bri said...

so adorable. i love the booties on the belly.

Diane said...

Darling booties Bear! You done good.

sula said...

How precious, booties and bump! And gotta love those 2 day projects with such cute results.

Durrett Family Band said...

Those are booties bootylicious. Sounds like a great weekend!

Heidelweiss said...

Love them. I have such a crush on the pocket. It's magical.

ali said...

so cute, I love the anti-angora!

tiennie said...

Cute booties on the bump!

Meredith Whitney said...

The land of cheesestake? Do they put stakes into blocks of cheese? I, myself, love a good Philly cheesesteak though : ) I think my typing skills are rubbing off on you. Years of deciphering my im's...