Monday, May 4, 2009

IGS: Head Scarves

In the past, I've done some posts on IGK or Instant Gratification Knitting. Projects that don't require a lot of attention and time, yet reap maximum cuteness. Well, here's an IGS (aka "Instant Gratification Sewing") project. Head scarves...

Each took less than an hour to do. But once I get better at this sewing thing, I'm sure I could get these done in 20 minutes tops.

Stats? Sure thing:
Pattern: Jane's Head Scarf
Source: Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross
Fabric: I used a fat quarter for each. The green/blue one is Amy Butler. Not sure about the orange one.
Made for: My noggin
Date Started: May 1, 2009
Date Completed: May 1, 2009

14 comments:

Amy said...

ok, ok, i'll get the dang weekend sewing book already. i'm convinced.

Erin said...

Those are hard to take pictures of but you did a smashing job. And...since when did you buy fat quarters? Are you stashing without letting me know?

martha - ca knitter said...

I'm all about the IGK and IGS.
The head scarves are puuuurty!

Lauren said...

Okay these are way too cute!

Heidelweiss said...

Lovely! The Philly trip looks fun too!

Diane said...

How darling you look in your new headscarf...the fact that you sewed it yourself...pretty wonderful. Love it and you!

tiennie said...

Those are very cute! Looks great on you!

ali said...

very cute!

aelva said...

very cute! really have to buy a sewing machine for my own!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I love head scarves and your are beautiful. I just wish I could pull them off myself :)

Stephanie said...

So I have both In Stitches and I just got weekend sewing. You keep making these great things and I drool. But then I remember I own them both! I can do it too!! Thinks for the kick in the pants...

Better Living said...

The orange fabric is a Kaffe Fasset print. I know, because it is a strip in the unfinished quilt that is sucking away all my mojo. (That, or you have all the sewing mojo in a square mile!)

THE BAG LAiDY said...

I hope you don't mind, but I linked to this post on my blog this morning: http://thebaglaidy.wordpress.com/

And you are right: this is definitely instant gratification sewing at its finest :)

head scarf said...

Hei, it's a nice head scarves.
I love it.