Sunday, May 3, 2009

Photos from Philly

Here are the girls...

We all went to Philly for a weekend of fun. We did some historic stuff...

Elsfreth's Alley. The oldest residential street,
maybe even in all of America.


Betsy Ross's house.
I bet she would've had a wicked craft blog.


The Liberty Bell.

Independence Hall. Where many historic-y things happened.
(Yeah, we didn't go on the tour.)

Being in Philly, you're reminded that Ben Franklin
invented, well, everything.


Some silly stuff...

I think this statue represented a Signer for the
Declaration of Independence. He is oh so jaunty.


I have a red peg leg. Awesome.

We had brunch in a cafe tucked behind an alley.
Could not let the photo opp pass us by.

And just some good ole' bonding.

Waiting on the stoop for dinner.
Good thing the tenants never came home.


We had a picnic by the river. Afterward we recreated cheesy friendship posters.

They way we did things, I think Philly's new nickname should be, "The City of Sisterly Love."


PS...I was able to steal away for an hour and geeked out on crafts. I visited the sister stores of Loop and Spool. They were so darling, I just had to pick up some fabric and yarn to remember them by. Did you expect anything less?

14 comments:

Kristine said...

Love the Philly pics! Looks like it was uber fun!

Erin said...

Yay! What a fun girls trip!

Stephanie said...

Looks like you girls had an awesome trip! I have never been but it looks like fun.

KeanaLee said...

Love the pics, looks like you had a great time.....the peg leg cracked me up!

Amander said...

Elsfreth's Alley looks so adorable! Glad you had a fun time!

Stacy said...

So many great things about Philly... glad you had a good time!

Melanie said...

I have driven through Philly many times but never actually stopped. You have inspired me to stop the car next time! It looks like it was great fun.

Juli said...

Oh what fun! Nothing beats a good girl trip =)

Adam and Bri said...

love the peg leg. love the jaunty statue. love girls' trips. love you.

tiennie said...

Looks like a fantastic time!

ali said...

you have all the fun Kara, I'm jealous :)

Nantucket Dreams said...

oh wow! thanks for sharing! elsfreths alley looks so charming and pretty! what a dream to live there! you seem to have had a blast!

Diane said...

Looks like so much fun. You are a lucky girl! Your witty commentary makes me smile through the whole post!

Meredith Whitney said...

Love it! Def the city if sisterly love. Loved the peg-leg comment. : )