Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Checking back in.

Long break. I must've been really living up my new-found 30s. By the way, thanks for all the birthday wishes. You made my day that much more sweet.

I had an amazing time in NYC for my birthday. Funny enough, I didn't go to any plays. Didn't go to any museums. Didn't do anything extraordinarily touristy. I just hung out with great friends in great neighborhoods, having a, well, great time. How can you beat food. shopping, and hanging out with some of your most favorite people. I don't know what kind of mood I was in, but I didn't take too many pictures. I know. Sometimes I get like that. I just want to be in the moment, I guess. So sorry for the lack of photographic fun from my trip. But I do have something to show you, I picked myself up a little birthday present while I was there...

Oh, kate spade, you so get me.

It's only right to buy yourself something a little extravagant for your 30th birthday. Right? Right?!

Well, apparently I was really in the giving mood cause when I got home, I got myself another birthday pressie...


Yes, that is a wood tray.

I know, I am out of control. But it was too cute to say no. It's an Electra Townie Holiday 3i. Now I just have to get up the nerve to ride it on the street...where's there's really big cars.

Good thing it's no longer my birthday month, I don't think my wallet could take any more of my generosity.

Coming up...craftiness! Lots and lots of craftiness!

14 comments:

Stacy said...

Oooohhh, nice gifts to you! I've indulged a little lately... just fabric and moo cards. Although, I'm contemplating Toms shoes and more fabric. ;-) I'm glad you had a wonderful time in NYC.

Adam and Bri said...

oh, that bike is the cutest.

and the kate spade? love. it.

Durrett Family Band said...

The bike is so Return to Me. Love it. You'll look adorable riding it.

Heidelweiss said...

The bag, my gosh, the bag! And that bike! With the tray!!! Good heavens!

AmyArtisan said...

What wonderful ways to treat yourself. The NY trip sounds like it was a great way to celebrate. There are times when I don't get pictures of the moment "on film" but the mental pictures of the events have real staying power.

Nonnahs said...

Hey Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad you had such a great b-day in NYC- and yay for treating yourself! Can't wait to see you on your new bike! :)

Better Living said...

Ride proud on the sidewalk! Or meet me one morning and we'll take up a lane together. :)

I covet that bag, btw!

tiennie said...

Happy belated birthday! I WANT YOUR BIKE!!! :)

Jodi said...

Super cute! That bike looks so fun to ride, and that orange bag is very cheerful. :-)

Juli said...

Oooh! I love the bike!! What fun!
And I like the birthday-presents-to-yourself thing. Hmmmm.....

Chancy said...

That tray is awesome!

Cobbalicious said...

Welcome to your 30s! I did the same thing a few months ago.

Everybody says your 30s are better than your 20s -- here's to that!

Laurel said...

love the bag.
love the bike.
love YOU.

(and ftr, I totally think you were born to be this super chic 30 yr old city chick.)

Steph said...

i'm finally catching up on blog reading now that the mogrunt is here... had to say i looooove your bike. i hope you haave lots of adventures with it!