Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Seahorsin' around

You all know, I've been on a sewing kick lately. But did you know I am on a nautical one as well? First there was the Mermaid Robe, and now...Seahorse pajama gauchos! (I know that name just rolls off the tongue.)

Sorry for the wrinkles, but I test-drove these pjs the night before I took this pic.

So basically, I took the Wide-Leg Lounge Pants pattern that I love so well from Amy Butler, and cut it capri length. Perfect for summer, no? And how could you resist those seahorses? You know how I love that whimsy in my house wardrobe.

The all-important stats...
Pattern:
Wide-Leg Lounge Pants
Source: In Stitches by Amy Butler
Fabric: Heather Ross's Mendocino Seahorse Fabric in Natural
Made for: Moi
Date Started: May 10, 2009
Date Completed: May 10, 2009
Mods: As I mentioned earlier, I shortened the pants to capri length. I also widened the waistband and the tie.

11 comments:

Nonnahs said...

So cute...and summery! :)

Stacy said...

I so love that fabric too!

tiennie said...

Adorable!

Heidelweiss said...

PJs?! Pffff! I'd be wearing these about town. A.DOR.A.BLE!

yaya said...

cute, cute, cute!

Windybrook Spinner said...

I love that fabric. So cute. Good job on the sewing too. You've definitely developed a new skill.

amanda said...

very very cute! I have got to give those pants a try.

Disentangled said...

These are awesome!! And I was just thinking last week that this would be a great thing to do with this pattern...especially when you didn't have enough fabric for the regular pants or wanted to use something very special (read: expensive ;). How much yardage did you end up using for these?

martha - ca knitter said...

They look so comfy and you're right, they are perfect for summer.
Your sewing skills are really good. :-)

Adam and Bri said...

well aren't those adorable! i love a good gaucho.

Durrett Family Band said...

You are becoming quite the seamstress. I need to head out to SLC for a tutorial.