Sunday, June 14, 2009

YUDU what YUDU so well.

My friend Denise works for Provo Craft. As a fabulous perk to being her friend (in addition to the actual friendship), a bunch of us got to go to her house and try out one of their products, the YUDU. It is a screen-printing system that makes it easy for you to screenprint your own designs at home. Um, yes please!

It was such a easy (and fun) process.

First you prep the shirt...


Then you pick the ink...


Add the ink...


Get ready to take the plunge...

Then go for it...


The final result goes a little something like this...

Hello Jane!

How could I pass up an opportunity to have Jane Austen on my shoulder? Now she can help guide me though the perils of my day with her witticisms. For the most part, we just used the screens Denise had on had, but I made a special request for a Jane screen. Voila!

Let's just say we went a little YUDU Cuckoo. I ended up doing 5 shirts. The funny thing is I arrived for the night with only 2 shirts. I was so obsessed I left in the middle of the evening on an Old Navy run to get 3 more shirts. A complete nutter.

Here's the rest of my bounty...

2 Jane Austen shirts, 1 Big Ben, 1 Crown, and 1 geisha (she turned out a little sad, but it's ok).

On this craft night, my friends and I had SO MUCH FUN. Bartley was a YUDU artisan. He did about 8 shirts, mixing colors, doing crazy angles. And Jess was full of inspiration. She helped me see the vision of doing my crown shirt on and angle and off the neck. Denise and Neil did an awesome job of holding our hands through the whole process. A very successful craft night, I dare say.

Now I look around my world and think, "I could totally YUDU that."

23 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm kind of envious... that's freaking awesome!

daylightrising said...

I was excited until I clicked the link and saw the $300 price tag for the thing. Oh well.

JujuBean said...

Great, another thing to avoid at Robert's! Don't tell Brett, or he'll extend my crafting moratorium. I guess I need to actually finish some of my projects I have . . .

CassiLou said...

Oh! But we don't need to pay $300! IT costs like $25 max to make a screen and then figure out a pattern. Yes it takes more time to cut out your pattern, but it's SO worth it! We do it all the time at school. It's SOOO MUCH fun! So jealous that you got to have a fun party while doing it. Love ya!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Oh, they are awesome. I love them! Good work.

Amander said...

Love the Big Ben one. Makes those shirts totally unique!

Heidelweiss said...

I refuse to believe how adorable this is! I must OWN a YUDU! Or at least find someone who has one.

martha - ca knitter said...

Sounds like fun and it looks like fun!

Adam and Bri said...

you are a nutter. and i love it.

ali said...

Love them! I was actually thinking of buying this, but I read a lot of bad reviews for it, I'll have to revisit the idea it looks like :)

Erin Bassett said...

Great shirts! -And even better to make them with friends. I love my Yudu too & have printed on SO much stuff!! -It's really quite addicting!

http://erinbassett.typepad.com/

Meg said...

So much fun. I'm pretty much convinced that a little Jane Austen can fix just about anything. How fun to have a t-shirt with her on it!

WhitneyMc said...

This is great! My husband has been talking for years about how he wishes there was a way to make T-Shirts that say exactly what he wants--now I know the perfect present for him!

Marissa said...

That looks like a lot of fun- I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities! Hey, I just noticed your 'Arrested Development' badge on the sidebar- Love That Show!

Durrett Family Band said...

Dang, that looks like fun. I could use some of that YUDU magic.

Disentangled said...

Fun! What a great project...I have so many stained t-shirts this could do wonders for! :)

Nantucket Dreams said...

this looks like such a fun project! and i guess you can make screened prints on pillows, placemats, etc too. hmmm, i might need to add a yudu to my wish list! i love the jane shirts!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I just saw a YUDU today at JoAnn's and it peaked my curiosity...thanks for answering my wonderings so soon!

a friend to knit with said...

i would have run to old navy for more shirts, too!!!!
SO cute!!!!

tiennie said...

How fun! I would totally wear those Jane shirts!

knitseashore said...

Sounds like you had such a great time!! I love your British theme. :)

t and britty said...

this is awesome. if yudu, i candu.

Meredith Whitney said...

So cute! Wow. I'm inspired. Etsy in Brooklyn has a Church of Craft Sunday where all there supplies are FREE for crafters! Come visit and let's do it!