Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Babushkas all in a row...

So when I was in full decorating mode for my flat, I saw this pillow by Thomas Paul.


This pillow was so me. I loved the Russian dolls all in a row, each with their own color scheme. So when I saw the Dutch-Russian pattern from Sublime Stitching, I realized that I could make my very own.

And here is the result:


Red, blue, green, purple...pretty maids all in a row.

I am pretty much in love with it. I tried to use as many different stitches as I could, so it ended up being my most ambitious embroidery project to date. It is not perfect by any means, but it's just what I wanted.

13 comments:

Erin said...

Ah!!! It is so adorable. LOVE.

martha - caknitter said...

Ohmygosh, you are good, Girl!
I love that pillow...AND that chair! For some reason it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, not sure why.
I've been thinking of an inspirational wall myself and this gives me a good idea.
Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!!

Windybrook Spinner said...

It's absolutely darling! Homemade is the best.

Kat said...

Very cute! And now there won't be a million other people with the same pillow. Love it!

Meg said...

Love it!!!

Durrett Family Band said...

You are an embroidering genius. I may just have to make my own copycat pillow.

Stephanie B said...

That is adorable and so inspiring!

Stacy said...

Love it... very cute and great job!

knitseashore said...

It is so adorable and unique and perfect for your flat! I really admire your beautiful stitching!

Sara Kirby said...

This just cracks me up, I love the little dolls! Your style is just lovely.

Meredith Whitney said...

You are bringing back the old skills...so domestic yet hip! : )

Chancy said...

So cute! Being someone who doesn't embroider, your pillow looks pretty perfect to me.

Anneliese said...

That is so great. I wish I embroidered...