Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Kara

A new decade is upon us...and you know, it gets a gal thinking. I loved my "aughts." There were some pretty amazing things that went down in that decade...backpacking through Europe (ok, technically this was 1999 but that trip fully set the tone for my 00s), graduating college, becoming a professional writer, learning to knit, starting a blog, embracing many other creative outlets (embroidery, sewing), moving to London, moving back, buying my flat. On top of that, I was able to travel to many, many new places (Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Nova Scotia, Scandinavia). Yeah, a pretty great decade.

But with a new decade ahead, it is fun to press pause and reset a little bit. Decide what I want to do moving forward. So I made a little list.


2010 Kara is...
  • knitting, again!
  • "Out there" (as in, "Kara, are you sure you are putting yourself out there?")
  • a gym bunny
  • a hostess (now that my dining room is done, I need to have more dinner parties)
  • in heels
  • a weekend novelist (must be better at writing for me)
  • visiting new places
  • a wearer of outfits
  • flirty and 30
  • a chic bicyclist
  • a blogger (recommitting myself to the cause)
I am sure as the year goes on there will be things I add to this list, but from the looks of it, it's going to be a fun year.

PS - I wrote this on a vinyl chalkboard that I have in my bedroom. I got it from etsy from SpellitOut designs. In case you were interested.

21 comments:

Meg said...

Looking forward to having you back here regularly!

annzy said...

oooh i think kara '10 is sounding interesting ~and I have that same chalkboard in my office at work ~I would say what are the chances but you know.

ali said...

oh my! You just reminded me that I'm turning 30 this year!! eek!

I love the vinyl chalkboard--very fun, and the list is adorable!

martha - caknitter said...

More power to you!

Kat said...

what a great list of goals. I am sure you will accomplish them all. I love your chalkboard. I am obsessed with chalkboards. When I own my own house I am going to paint my pantry doors in chalkboard paint.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Very cool chalkboard. Sounds like a lot of fun goals. Life is good. We really are so blessed, aren't we?

Adam and Bri said...

I love 2010 Kara even more than aughts Kara. And trust me — that is completely hard to do.

Durrett Family Band said...

Love the chalkboard. I'm hoping that 2010 is the year that I can come out to SLC and visit my Kara-lara and see your flat in person.

jane said...

Your goals are brilliant Kara. I love them, each and every one! And I can't wait to follow you this year as you keep them and do much more besides. You're right, it sounds like such a fun year. I also need to wear more 'outfits' and would like to do some writing for me as well. I love the chalkboard, by the way - so sweet!

Laurel said...

ooh...2010 kara.
i.can't.wait.

Nantucket Dreams said...

i love it! i cant wait to read about this decade here on the blog!

Rachele Alpine said...

I like your "weekend novelist" goal...that's where I am right now. What genre do you write? I just got an agent for my YA novel we hope to start subbing to publishing houses..eeeek! I've been following your blog for about a year, and I like to read about your adventures! :)

Rachele
www.freckle-head.blogspot.com

Juli said...

Fine goals, to be sure!
I love the chalkboard!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I thought the 2009 Kara was pretty great...could the 2010 one be even better...hard to fathom?! I too love the vinyl chalkboard which I will definitely have to look into!

Erin said...

Ohhh, there are really really good things ahead for 2010 Kara! Just because I can, I will keep you in check from time to time. (Especially regarding "knitting again!")

Stephanie B said...

That is an awsome list! Bring on 2010!

knitseashore said...

I didn't know you were a professional writer, or a cyclist. Do tell! I wish you all the best for your '10 goals, and can't wait to read about them here. Especially the dinner parties!

Better Living said...

Hooray for lists! I like your goals and approach (and chalkboard) very much...elegantly simple and a lot easier than thinking of 30 different things. :)

Stacy said...

Awesome goals friend!!! I look forward to reading about you accomplishing them.

Diane said...

2010 Kara has such a fun ring about it. With two sisters putting their goals out there, it will be fun to watch you three blaze thru and accomplish great things. Heres to you, 2010 Kara!

Amander said...

You Hallstrom girls are ambitious. I love you all!