Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My perfect weekend...

If you read my sister, Erin's blog, which I know many of you do, you would've have seen what fun I had this weekend.

We had an epic sleepover with my niece Ellie. A girl after our own hearts, she decided the perfect way to spend the Saturday morning was to make this...


It's the peg bear from "One Yard Wonders." Ellie decided to name it Twinkles after the bunny I had when I was a kid. I think Twinkles the bunny would be very honored by his namesake.

Check out Erin's blog for the full play-by-play.

13 comments:

Stacy said...

How fun for you all! Twinkles is a cutie.

ali said...

And I repeat, you guys are the coolest Aunts ever ;)

ty and megs said...

funnest. aunty. weekend. ever! and twinkles the bunny--what a blast from the past!

Melissa said...

I did see Erin's post this morning and it made me so excited to do sleepovers with my nephew when he's a little older. It must have been such a treat for your niece!

JujuBean said...

It was the best weekend for her. She slept for an hour, just to recoup from all the fun! You are the best and we just love you tons!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

in the words of adam..."adorbs"! (see also my post on erin's blog)

knitseashore said...

Don't know who is cuter, Ellie or Twinkles! They belong together! Heading to Erin's now...I wish I'd had aunts like you growing up.

Diane said...

You girls are the best! What a fun weekend for Ellie Belle!

Melanie said...

I second Ali's comment-you guys are the coolest aunts!

Heidelweiss said...

Love Twinkles. How cute are you and Erin. Although I must admit that you were "caught in the act" of NOT helping in one of Erin's pictures.

And now, the books! The Target collaboration! The mittens. I have a pair too! Let's wear them at the next knitting knight and make everyone jealous.

Juli said...

You two are the best aunts a girls could ask for!!

Nantucket Dreams said...

that ellie- she is SO LUCKY to have an auntie like you to make fun projects with! you guys are filling her with a love of crafting!

Chef Messy said...

You guys are such fun aunties! Love the bear!