Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Very Yogi Valentine's.

How does a single, crafty girl celebrate Valentine's Day? She makes herself something pretty. And my pretty has come in the form of a new yoga mat bag.


My office has started offering a yoga class every week after work. So I went out and bought a yoga mat, a pink one, to take part. But what is the point of having a pink mat, if you don't have a cute bag to carry it in?

Yes. There is a pocket!

What I love is that I was finally able to use my cute Echino fabric. I got it on killer sale, but there was only one yard available. That really limited the kind of projects I could sew with it. So when I bought the book, "One Yard Wonders," and saw the yoga bag pattern, I knew it would be perfect.

Here are the stats...
Pattern:
Yoga Mat Bag
Source: One Yard Wonders
Fabric: Echino Woodland Damask in Pink
Yardage: 1 yard
Made for:
Moi
Date Started and Completed: February 13, 2010 (Took about three hours or so)


So Happy Valentine's Day all you wonderful people in blogland! Go out and make yourself something special.

18 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

Incredible fabric. Great job on the sewing too. Happy Valentine's!

Sara Kirby said...

I love it! I was thinking about knitting myself one but now I can't decide to knit or sew. I guess that's a constant struggle for you, haha.

Meg said...

Super cute! My friend got that One Yarn Wonder book too, and I might have to borrow it for a few things...

Sigrid said...

Nice work! I made a Lotta yoga bag, but have plans for making a different sort of yoga bag now...

One Yard Wonders is my hometown pride. :)

Erin said...

It is so cute. Makes me want to take up yoga.

sula said...

Mmm, I could get into yoga if I got to carry that bag!

Diane said...

It is darling! Love it! Why doesn't it want me to take up yoga? (like Erin)

martha - caknitter said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too. What a great V day gift. Love it!

ali said...

Very cute Kara! I need to make one of those

yaya said...

That is ridiculously cute! Nice job!

Meredith Whitney said...

LOVE IT! Hmmm my 30th bday is coming up...

Chancy said...

Love that book and love your bag. It's great to see something made from the book instead of just looking at their pictures.

knitseashore said...

That fabric is so gorgeous. I love that the print looks vintage, but not, and of course I love the pink!

I wonder if there are any sewing projects for cycling gear? Wheel bags? I've seen knitted hats and of course there are always wool socks...

Heidelweiss said...

Love. The word verification is "sockini". This is a clue that you are to knit some small socks. Perhaps for the babe.

Jacey said...

It's adorable! Do you like the book so far? I've had it on my amazon wish list, but I've been wondering if it's a must-have.

a friend to knit with said...

okay. first off. i LOVE that you took care of yourself on this holiday!!! and with a handmade gift... it couldn't be more special.
i have been doing yoga A LOT for the past year... and LOVE it. i just have one of those ugly straps to carry my mat (and it is NOT handmade) i should really follow your lead and make myself a pretty bag! (with a pocket!)

happy days to YOU, kara!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Great idea. I've been wondering how to keep my own mat nicely rolled and out the way. Might have to "borrow" your idea.

-ff

Shannon said...

It's very cute. Maybe this is what my oft ignored yoga mat needs.