Thursday, March 11, 2010

We can do it!

In the blog olden days, I was in the process of knitting a Rosie the Riveter Cardigan. (Essentially, a basic cardigan with an intarsia Rosie knit on the back.)

Some of you may remember, I finished said back, but then for some reason I abandoned the project. As a result, Rosie has been sitting balled up among my knitting things, begging for some attention. The thought of actually finishing the cardigan she was intended for doesn't really appeal to me. But at the same time, Rosie should get a chance to show herself off.

So voila...


A new piece of art for my creative room, giving me the perfect reminder that "I can do it!"

PS--I have to thank Erin for giving me the idea to frame it.

22 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

So fun! What a great idea to frame it.

Zannah said...

I don't know if there are words for how much I love this. Best idea (and execution) EVER.

Diane said...

Rosie deserves this recognition! What a wonderful idea! Thank goodness for sisters, I would say!

WhitMc said...

I love it! What a creative tribute to Rosie! The colors are also fantastic.

Chancy said...

I love her. What a great idea.

ali said...

very great idea! Do you have it so that if you ever decide to finish it, you can?

Erin said...

This is pretty much the best idea ever.

If I do say so myself.

Kara said...

Ali, I can finish it if I want to. The rest of the back is neatly folded up behind the frame. So it is still intact.

erin said...

That looks great! I might even like it better framed.

ty and megs said...

love it!

Stacy said...

I love it!! Perfect!

Steve said...

I love Rosie! How cute to frame it! See, again, no mocking...

Heidelweiss said...

Oh for crying out loud. That last one was me.

Heidelweiss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sula said...

Wonderful! It's got to feel good to get out from under a discarded WIP, and still end up with a fabulous finished project.

Jill said...

Mad skills Kara! Mad skills.

Windybrook Spinner said...

That is totally awesome! What a great idea. I love it.

Melanie said...

I love it! It is hard for me to imagine it as a cardigan, because it looks perfect as art.

SpiderWomanKnits said...

holy crap! that's awesome!

martha - caknitter said...

More power to you!

knitseashore said...

What a great way to enjoy Rosie without having to slog through the sweater if you don't want to. She'd make a fun pillow too! Great job!

Durrett Family Band said...

Totally brilliant. Now you just need a framed photo of you in your Rosie costume next to it to make perfect.