Thursday, April 15, 2010

MS Walk Challenge (aka, my sister is sooo competitive)

Well, Erin did it. She threw down the gauntlet. Sisters have a way of doing that.

On April 24th, I will be participating in the MS Walk. And if you are looking for a cause to support, I would like just just throw this suggestion on the table.

Several years ago, my brother was diagnosed with MS. He is amazing. He bakes the best chocolate chip cookies. Loves to take road-trips to Canada. Has spawned some of the cutest kids on the planet. Has a real kind heart. Is basically the best brother anyone could ask for. What I marvel about Brett the most is that he never complains. He just quietly carries on and lives his life. So this is a great opportunity for our family to show our outward support to him.

Brett doing what he does best.

Erin has stated that she would like to raise the most money for bragging rights and just to say that she beat me. Well, I guess I can't take that challenge lying down.

If you would like to participate and donate, well, that would be amazing. Again, this is no pressure. Simply put, if you can and if you would like to donate, it will be appreciated.

And to further put myself on par with Erin, I too will offer a prize for donating. Simply go here and donate:

Click to donate.

And then just leave a comment on this post saying you did so by Thursday, April 22 at midnight (MST). I will then pick a name out of a hat and send you some thank-you goodies.

And honestly, I don't really care about beating Erin. I just care about raising money for a good cause. (Take that, Erin. I'm so benevolent, yo!)

Thanks for reading and for anything you may do.

16 comments:

Erin said...

Oh please...that is what I care about too. Kiss up.

Sara Kirby said...

Totes donated! Good luck for a good cause :)

Zannah said...

I donated! Because, you know, it's not personal. :) And I'm posting this because I like posting comments sometimes. Sometime being now.

Amander said...

You two crack me up. I just left a comment on Erin's telling her that I already donated to two other friends MS walk. I wish you would have posted sooner because I would have put the Hallstrom girls first!

(And also, could you pass the message along to baby Maggie that it's time for her to be here. Thanks.)

caknitter said...

Hey Kara, I just donated!
You and your sister are hilarious!
I'm rooting for both of you (but I gave my donation to you) because the cause is a great one, especially because of your bro.

erin said...

You make me laugh! I donated too, good luck!

Trisha said...

Aw. Sweet and funny post. My aunt has MS. I'll be donating a little something for you.

Stacy said...

I donated a little something in honor of one of my best friend's mom. Good luck and a thank you for doing this!

Jeff said...

I've donated. Now, I think if you each posted your prize packages, we might be willing to donate more based on the best prize package.

Laurel said...

since i'm the one that got you over your goal, CLEARLY I should be the winner.

CLEARLY.

knitseashore said...

As a sister, I can totally get behind this. I'm an older sister, and I think you were born before Erin? But Erin is a brunette like me...the only fair thing to do is give a little something to you both. I wish it could be more.

Things to Do said...

I'm so glad to have donated to a great cause. Hope to see pictures from it!

Jacey said...

I can't donate to one sister and not the other, so I just made my donation for you. Good luck...to both of you!

ali said...

I couldn't decide between you two so I donated a little to each!

CassiLou said...

Go Team Hallstrom!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

next time brennan is in town let's have a bake-off b/w him and brett...brennan makes better cc cookies than i do and more like grandma's than anyone else's. i will volunteer to judge...tough job but someone has to do it!? yes, bretto is a pretty great guy!