Monday, April 26, 2010

The MS Walk report

Thought I would share some photos from the Salt Lake City MS Walk on Saturday.

What an amazing turnout!

The bustling start.

See? In reality, we're not so competitive.


We did it! And have the medals to prove it!


The reason we were walking...my big brother.

I really loved participating in the walk. It felt really good to do something proactive against a disease that constantly keeps the people inflicted with it reacting.

On the walk, Erin and I spotted a walker. Her walk number sign read, "I am walking for ME. Because I still can." At that point, Erin and I were walking across the finish line fighting back tears. Safe to say, our family will be back next year.

11 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

I'll be there next year — no doubt.

Thanks for these photos! Makes me feel like I was there.

caknitter said...

Love the picture of you and your family.
Thank you for sharing the pictures and taking us along on the journey.
:-)

CassiLou said...

It was so much fun to walk for Brett. Love you guys!

CassiLou said...

P.S. Found a cool orange 'Aloha' shirt on zazzle for next year!

Melanie said...

It sounds like the walk was great. Maybe one of these years we will be there for it.

knitseashore said...

Thank you for sharing the photos. I'm amazed at all of the people there! That is so awesome. I'm sure it was such an encouragement to everyone fighting the disease to see how much support they have.

My prayers for your brother that he will stay well. His children are adorable. :)

Jacey said...

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it was a success, and a heartwarming experience.

Erin said...

Thanks for posting the pictures and doing such a perfect update. Next year is going to be epic!

Chancy said...

It looks like it was a huge success and for such a good cause. Wonderful!

Stacy said...

Yay for you... and now I'm sitting here with tears. How special!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

congrats to all of you!