Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Pink Helmet Bicycle Brigade

LGRAB: Summer Games Entry - Social Cycling: Go on a bike date with a friend

My friend, Karen, and I have been having a lot of fun bike-pooling to work. We each travel half-way on our own, then meet up in a central parking lot and take the rest of the way together. Working just a block away from each other in downtown Salt Lake City, it works out perfectly!


Oh, and how cute is Karen's bike? It's an Electra Cruiser. What's more she sewed her basket lining herself with perfectly coordinating fabric. (She's a bike friend AND a crafty friend. I'm lucky!)

Know what's even cooler about our bike-pooling? Our matching helmets.


It's the Pink Helmet Bicycle Brigade, Ding Dong! (And yes, Karen was the one who owned it first. I have got to give her props, yo!)

So after work today, instead of biking straight home, we headed to a nearby outdoor mall for a fun outing. Karen is trying to be good and is on a spending freeze, but I had a Birthday coupon at Anthropologie. Although, I left empty handed, I still had fun being outside on a gorgeous day.

Basically, Karen and I were able to combine function (commuting) and fun (shopping)--all by bicycle!

Oh yeah, we're totally a bicycle gang.

To find out more information about the LGRAB: Summer Games, you can click on the badge in my sidebar...


16 comments:

Meg said...

That is so cool! I wish I could commute by bike. I wish things were a little more bike-friendly in my neck of the woods. What do you do about bike racks?

Better Living said...

Aw, I was just joking when I demanded first helmet props. :) Pink helmet brigade FTW!

Adam and Bri said...

Q: How cute are you?

A: Very, very cute.

Kara said...

Meg...luckily my work has bike racks in the lobby, so that works perfectly for me!

Laurel said...

you are cooler than i will ever be.
period.
end of discussion.

Jacey said...

I love your matching helmets, and it's awesome that you bike-pool. How refreshing.

Durrett Family Band said...

How wonderfully spring-y!

ali said...

that just sounds so very idyllic. I need to get myself a bike!

knitseashore said...

It's great you have someone to bike with! Chris takes me out, but I'm so much slower than all the other racer-types he rides with, that I haven't found a partner who goes my own speed yet. You are lucky to have a friend who crafts too!

Jeff said...

Wow, a couple of those photographs are amazing. I hear your photographer is really sexy.

Erin said...

I love that you have a bike gang. You and Karen need matching t-shirts.

Kate said...

Y'all are the cutest bike gang I've ever seen! :d

Stacy said...

I do love the matching helmets! So great... and wonderful that you get to bike pool together.

Heidelweiss said...

I love the pink helmets! And the bikes. And the fact that you bike pool to work! What?! Fun.

Nantucket Dreams said...

i envy your ability to commute via bike, esp ones so cute with such fancy helmets!!! sounds like it was a great day!

Dottie said...

Awesome! I wish I had a commuting friend. That's taking slow biking all the way - stopping to wait for a friend. Totally worth it, I'm sure. And the helmets! I need to visit and join y'all. :)

Thanks for playing the games.