Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To bicycles, with love...

LGRAB: Summer Games Entry - Social Cycling: Leave a note

In another attempt to be a social cyclist, I decided to write a couple little notes and leave them on some cool bikes I see around downtown SLC.

"Nice bike! Happy riding..."

I left one on an Electra Ticino, a new bike I've noticed on my work street. What better way to welcome it than with a friendly note? I tried to be sneaky so as not to get caught--cause sometimes being social means you have to be super stealth.

It's there on the handlebars.

I like to think that these notes brought some smiles to some cyclists. I know I was smiling when I delivered them. Leaving the bike notes was so much fun, makes me think that it would be great to do even after the Summer Games are over.


11 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

you're so stinking cute.

Jacey said...

That's a cool idea; share the love across town!

margene said...

Such a nice thing to do and now I want to ride a bike in downtown SLC just to receive a note from you! Of course, I'd know who left it. ;-)

Jill said...

That is so cute, Kara. I am sure they were smiling the whole ride home.

ali said...

What a great idea :) I like that bike too! That blue is unforgettable.

Chancy said...

That is such a cute idea; I know it would have made me smile.

Stacy said...

Random Acts of Biking Kindness!!

I saw a big pod of cyclists last night. They wore helmets, used their turn signals and followed traffic signs. I was beyond happy... that is not typical for Philly.

caknitter said...

The idea of leaving kind notes to strangers is great. Love it! I wish I could do it here, but someone would probably think it's from a stalker.
Btw, the pink helmets are adorable.

Erin said...

This is a really cute idea. I would love a story though about you getting caught and the hi-jinks that ensue.

Heidelweiss said...

You are such a biker chick.

Meredith Whitney said...

You are so cute I cannot even handle it. No...really.