Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Great Farmers Market Haul

LGRAB: Summer Games Entry - Learning Experiences: Carry a Load

One of the challenges for this segment of the LGRAB: Summer Games, is to carry a load on your bike. One thing is for sure, with a basket like hers, Adelaide was born to carry a load.

Since the SLC Farmers Market has started up again for the summer, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. My friend Karen and I biked downtown to get our fill of groceries, food stands, hippy jewelry, and CROWDS. Oh yeah, very crowded.


The great thing about this Farmer's Market is that they have a Bike Valet. So there are no worries about where to park your bike and leaving it unattended amidst the crowd. (Should have taken a picture of that, now that I think of it. Sorry!)

But yes, definitely picked up some fun groceries, like a baguette, some cheese curds and some honey butter.


The biggest challenge was biking it all home in the heat. Oh, the summer heat! Despite that, it was definitely fun, and will be a regular occurrence for me this summer.


8 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

a baguette? you're the cutest.

Stacy said...

Looks like a successful venture. My mom and I went to the farmer's market too and came home with delish options.

Jill said...

Seriously, Kara! I love it all. You are truly a woman of style!

Hayley Hutchin said...

oh, my farmer's market has a bike valet too!! don't you just love it? it's great being able to just drop your bike and not worry about it.

t and britty said...

Cool ride! U r the coolest though.

sula said...

My town's market opens up in a week and I'm very excited! At least you had some tasty treats when you got home from the hot ride. And cooled down, guess I wouldn't really reach for curds first thing.

Meredith Whitney said...

That is my dream: The perfect bike with a the perfect basket to the farmer's market!!! Adorable.

Jeff said...

I'm worried that your blog may no longer warrant the lable, "Knitting Lemonade." Just look at most of your recent posts: It's all biking all the time. Maybe Biking Lemonade may be a better title. Just a thought.