Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tiered Baby Jacket

2010 has not been a very productive year knitting-wise. But when I have knit, it has been for babies. (See exhibit A and B.) Not that I am complaining. I love baby knits! They are so cute and little (read: fast). So it is no surprise that I now submit to you exhibit C:

Baby Tiered Jacket

My close friend Denise is having a little girl in November. Now Denise is one of the most stylish girls I know, so I had to knit her little girl something with flair.

Tier

I really fell in love with this little tiered jacket pattern. It is simple, yet chic. That little tier on the bottom just kicks the jacket up a fashion notch.

Collar and buttons

And as always, here are some stats...
Pattern: Baby Tiered Coat and Jacket
Source: Lisa Chemery
Ravelry Link: Here
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Sprout
Made for: Baby Sophia
Needle Size: US 10
Date Started: September 5, 2010
Date Completed: September 26, 2010

I just love that so many close friends and family are having babies. It really is so fun to be "Auntie Kara" a.k.a. "the favorite."

Tiered for extra cuteness

23 comments:

caknitter said...

Aw, how cuuute! That is one lucky baby girl. :-)

Anneliese said...

That is adorable! Denise will love it!!!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

this is so cute!(I don't wear hats, but I would wear this!)whoever gets this is one lucky little gal!

Jill said...

Mega love!

ali said...

uh woah-- you finished this already??

I'm totally not worthy. Teach me speed knitting master!

Heidelweiss said...

Wow! That was fast! Vair vair and thrice vair cute!

Diane said...

Love the style and the color! That baby will look darling in it. Well done, Kara!

Adam and Bri said...

stunning, sis. just stunning.

Julie said...

Oooh, that is so pretty!! no wonder you're the favourite aunt!! :)

Jodi said...

That's really cute! The pattern's on my to-knit list, and now it may be moving to the top!

Jacey said...

Baby knits are fast and awesome. I love the pink and the flair of this one!

Meg said...

I'm looking forward to the day I get to be "Auntie Meg." Someday soon, hopefully....

Better Living said...

Darling! I'm putting this in my own "auntie files."

Stacy said...

Very cute!

Amander said...

It's official - I need to get knocked up so you can make me some insantely adorable baby knits.

Erin said...

It turned out adorable! I love it. Well done Kara-lara.

knitseashore said...

So pretty Kara!!! Though I selfishly hope you knit adult things again soon too. I love your work. :)

Durrett Family Band said...

So sweet. It reminds me of bubble gum. That was a compliment, in case you didn't know.

inspiredcyclist said...

Kara, it is beautiful! What a lucky baby girl and mom!

t said...

Looks cute, good job!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Princess of Patterns said...

It's darling!

Laurel said...

Kara:

I wasn't planning on announcing this here...this is a little awkward...but I am having a baby...and baby would LOVE one of these...in purple.

You've got some time, of course, but i just wanted to give you a heads up.

Dottie said...

So adorable and chic! Any auntie who knitted me such cool pieces would totally be the favorite :)