Monday, October 4, 2010

Betty goes to the river

Last Friday, Betty and I hit the Jordan River Parkway.

Betty Foy and the Jordan River

Jordan River Parkway

While the first third of my ride wound through a questionable part of town (within 2 minutes I ran into a disrobing homeless man), the parkway eventually turned into a nice, scenic ride. The weather was even suspiciously summer-like.

Bridge Betty

Betty on a bridge

This parkway follows the Jordan River for about 40 miles. I probably only covered about 15 of them, but that only means there is a lot more to explore next time.

10 comments:

caknitter said...

Look there's graffiti on the bridge! Sorry, it caught me off-guard considering the serene-like background. It must have been pleasant ride with that great view of the mountains. Wow. :-)

sula said...

Just lovely! I'm so glad Betty has turned out to be all that you hoped and dreamed.

Jacey said...

It looks like a nice place to ride!

Windybrook Spinner said...

You are brave, my friend, but I've heard it is a nice ride after you pass the scarier parts. =) I'm sure Betty loved it.

ali said...

thank goodness you had a getaway bike!

Heidelweiss said...

Fun! You need to call me one of these times. I have a bike, her name is Calypso.

Better Living said...

Look at your adventures! Good times by the homeless camps there at the north end, huh?

Adam and Bri said...

you are serious about biking! seriously cute.

Erin said...

I am proud of you for braving the scary to enjoy the rest.

Durrett Family Band said...

Sounds lovely, except the half-naked man bit.