Friday, October 29, 2010

Crafting Mama

Phew! What a week. I have been working my fingers to the bone doing a myriad a crafts...knitting, sewing, cake decorating, balloon making, even some pottery. My crafting knows no bounds.

Ok, so the truth of the matter is that I have been playing Crafting Mama for the Nintendo DS. Basically Crafting Mama is a video game that gives the player a bunch of different crafting projects which the player has to complete step by step.


It's a silly game, yet so addicting. I really appreciate how realistic the steps are for the crafts. Like for sewing a kerchief, you need to cut the cloth, trace the pattern, iron the hems, stitch it all up. The geeky details is what makes it fun.

I have to say, it is gratifying for mama to validate my crafting skills. Look, she says I'm a perfect knitter.

100, yo!

For the most part, I'm a natural at any craft I try. But sometimes, when mama has to fix my mistakes, she gets angry.

(Funny, that's the same face I make when I drop a stitch.)

Don't get me wrong, I am not a hardcore "gamer." But I did buy a Nintendo DS because I enjoy puzzle games and such. (Really like the Professor Layton series.) I find these games perfect entertainment for when I travel. So when I saw that there was a crafting game, how could I not buy it?

So there you go. Some geeky e-crafting fun. Beep-bo-beep-bop-bop

12 comments:

JujuBean said...

Guess what a certain 'my life won't be complete until I'm exactly like my aunt' 7 year-old told Santa she wanted, instead of the usual movie? Yep. We're all very excited.

Adam and Bri said...

you nerd.

(i love nerds.)

Kenoshia said...

Crafting Mama?! I can't believe that I gave my DS to my sister! I'm already in love with Cooking Mama as it is. -end nerdy outburst-

Maryse said...

Sounds like a nice game! 40 different crafts!

Windybrook Spinner said...

I love Cooking Mama too. This looks even more fun.

ali said...

that is really funny, and a little disturbing. I liked nintendogs though, much better than owning a real dog for sure.

Erin said...

My favorite are the burning eyes. Crafting mama is a little scary when your skills aren't up to snuff.

GIRL DATING NYC said...

I am feel so old and out of the loop with this crazy technology stuff! : ) That is pretty cute -- I always think I want future children to stay away from video games, but this educational. Period. xo

jane said...

Haha, oh my, I"d be so terrible at this.

Shannon said...

I just saw this at GameStop over the weekend, can't wait to check it out.

Nantucket Dreams said...

i bet it is a fun one! cooking mama makes me laugh! the voices alone are classic!

Karla said...

I love the Professor Layton series too! I have the game but it doesn't seem to save...