Friday, December 24, 2010

My little elf

This year I did a little knitting for Christmas. When I say little I mean little. It was one little hat for one little niece.

My little elf

I used some chunky yarn to make the Elf cap from Handknit Holidays. Then I knit a little white owl to applique on to the hat, complete with buttons for eyes.

Owl close up

Elf cap with owl

Easy peasy and darling to boot! Here are some stats:

Pattern: Elf Cap/Hoot (Pattern for owl)
Source: Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick
Ravelry link: Here
Yarn: Rowan Ribbon Twist for the cap and some random alpaca for the owl
Needle size: US 15
Made for: Ellie
Date started and completed: December 23, 2010

All I know is that my ability to look good in hats definitely runs in the genes. (I do tend to brag about that, sorry.) I mean, how cute is my Ellie Bellie as a little elf?

Ellie the elf

Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday!


14 comments:

Things to Do said...

This is lovely! Love how the blue in the hat goes with her eyes! Merry Christmas.

JujuBean said...

We're so lucky to have such a talented aunt to keep the kiddos looking good! You're amazing. We love you!

Kat said...

That hat is adorable! I have the hat gene too and my sister hates me for it. So whenever she sees a hat she likes she makes me try it on instead.

Kenoshia said...

Aww, how cute! I love the little elf point. Happy holidays.

Jill said...

Oh! I love owls and I love your style. Nice job but no surprise there.

photoknitdog said...

She is adorable! Very cute hat. :)

Diane said...

Darling Elf, adorable hat and one talented daughter! Outstanding, Kara!

Melanie said...

Such a cute hat and an even cuter model!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Completely darling. What a good auntie you are!

Jacey said...

She's so cute! The owl is a perfect addition to the chunky hat.

Erin said...

She is just perfect! Love this hat as well as the little elf inside.

Adam and Bri said...

i love ellie the elf. LOVE.

Nantucket Dreams said...

Awash! I love it! She is soooo cute in that adorable hat!

caknitter said...

ohmygosh, how did I miss this post? Your niece is adorable in her elf hat. :-)
Hip-hip hooray for Christmas knitting!