Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thank you notes

First off, I must say thank you. I always knew how amazing you all are, but I was still overwhelmed by your lovely messages. Your thoughts impacted me deeply and I will carry them with me as I get over this little bump in the road of my life.

Jane Austen said, "Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love." In this case I would shorten it to say, "Friendship is certainly the finest balm." Yeah, you guys are definitely the balm. (Cringe, then laugh. Oh, puns!)

On a lighter note, it is Jane Austen's birthday today. What can I say, love her. She just gets it, doesn't she? In fact, I'm actually looking forward to some recovery time, because that means I can dig into one of her novels and watch a mini-series or two. Or three.

Jane Austen had a lot of disappointments in her life, yet she never lost her wit. When the odds were against her, she created beauty in the form of stories that still affect people centuries later. Safe to say, I consider her a role model.

A couple days ago, Debby sent me the best/silliest video which seems suitable for the occasion. Roll it!



Happy Birthday, Jane! Thank you for everything.

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Awesome video. And count me in as another who will be wishing you the best in the coming weeks, Kara!

Juli said...

That video made my day! Happy Birthday, Jane, indeed!!

Marissa said...

Oh. My. Awesomeness!! I will be watching that once a week to get my Mr. Darcy fix (swoon)!

Erin said...

Okay, I want to take the next week off from work and watch every one of these movies. Let's do it Kara!

Kate said...

I want to hump that video now.

Or just steal it for my blog. Whichever.

Jacey said...

Thanks for sharing. Awesome video!

Cec said...

Hi Kara,

You probably don't remember me, but I'm Cecily Yang from Punahou. Alex sent me a link to your blog because of your Dec 13th post regarding thyroid cancer. I'm sure you've already heard that a lot of people have had thyroid cancer, but if you have any questions or just wanted to talk to someone who's been through it, give me a call or e-mail me. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last April, 2 1/2 months before my wedding. 10 days after my wedding, I went in for surgery. I had the radioactive treatment (and while it was a pain to be on a special diet, the worst part was being bored). Again, let me know if you have any questions or just want to chat. My e-mail is cecily.yang1@gmail.com Best of luck.

knitseashore said...

Kara,

I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. I'm behind in my blog reading but saw your post and wanted to let you know you will be in my prayers.

I am just wondering...if it would ease your mind even a little...would a plastic surgeon be able to fix the scar for you later? It might be worth asking at least if it's going to make you feel self-conscious.

Lots of hugs and a happy Christmas to you. I'm glad the video could make you smile a little.

Anonymous said...

In honor of Jane's birthday, Amazon put 15 Austen books (or books by other authors about Jane's characters) on the website free. You can read them on your PC, too with the free Kindle download. I'm just acquainting myself with her.

Blessings...