Friday, January 21, 2011

Plain Jane

This is my new T-shirt. It makes me very happy, indeed.

My new P&P shirt

That, my friends, is a Pride and Prejudice T-shirt. This shirt is from a very cool online shop that puts old book covers on clothing. They call themselves Out of Print Clothing.

Funny story. I ordered two of these shirts for Christmas, one for me and one for Erin. (Come on, like I could NOT buy myself one too.) They didn't arrive on time so I told Erin that a part of her gift was missing. Erin then informed me that a part of my gift was missing too. It took us a beat for us to realize that our missing gifts were the same. And of course Erin also ordered two--one for me and one for her. With four shirts between the two of us, no one can accuse our family of not liking "Pride and Prejudice."

Both Erin and I discovered this shirt via Pinterest. It is my latest obssession. You know how you read a magazine and tear out your favorite pictures and put it in a folder? Well, Pinterest is just like that, but on the web. You "tear" pics from the web and pin it to your Pinterest page. What's more the picture retains the web address it came from, so you can always reference it later. The best part of Pinterest is seeing other's pins and re-pinning it to your boards. It is a perfect place for inspiration. And could leave you swimming in Jane Austen shirts.

(You can see my Pinterest page by clicking on the link in the right-hand column.)

18 comments:

Patrick said...

Why can't I get "The Bell Jar" in a men's tee? Sexists. Anyway, I found your post quite Pinteresting. http://bit.ly/3treLZ

shopgirl said...

that is hilarious that you and your sister both ordered the same gift. : ) Excellent.
I just went and signed up for Prinerest. I didn't realize there would be a wait. That sounds like a GREAT service. I would love a 'memo' board for my interwebs. !
I hope you are continuing to recover nicely. (Your scar is tiny! Very unobtrusive. In case you wanted my opinion.) (You are gorgeous as ever.)

Yaya said...

I love Pinterest! It's been fun pinning pics to my boards.

Erin said...

Pinterest is the best. You know what else is the best? Us. :)

Chancy said...

I just joined Pinterest this week too! I love it. No more bookmarks list a mile long.

Jacey said...

Sisters are the best at buying identical gifts. That's awesome, Kara. I do love the shirt, and the cut is very flattering. I joined pinterest a few months ago, but my boards are embarrassingly empty compared to yours! I'll work on that. ;)

Things to Do said...

What a great shirt! I'm so going there now to get myself one!

Marissa said...

Very cool- and fortuitous...I watched the entire A&E production today while it snowed. And now I want me a t-shirt!

Amander said...

Um, I love you two. A lot, a lot.

Heidelweiss said...

Love.

Adam and Bri said...

i pretty much adore this story of the four shirts. a-dore.

naturallycyclingmanchester said...

oh my Kara! Pinterest is amazing!!! Right, I am off... going to ask a 'request an invite' :D

Jill said...

Oh no. I fear I will never sleep again! I think Pinterest and I will begin a beautiful friendship. Love the tee.

Nicola said...

You know what you should do with those two extra Pride and Prejudice T-shirts? Exchange them for a 1984 fleece. I've been wanting one for ages.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

cute shirt and cute story and cute sisters!

AmyArtisan said...

Too funny - my sister & I did that last summer with t-shirts from our alma mater. And many times, one of us will buy 2 of a great find because of course we have to share with our sister.

Durrett Family Band said...

I don't like to be a copycat but I really need that shirt.

kateohkatie said...

That is so cool! You always find the neatest stuff :-)