Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Schoolhouse Tunic

Confession time. I've done no crafting since my surgery. Oh, the guilt! So it felt like time to get my craft back on. I've had some pattern pieces for a sewing project all cut out and sitting in a basket for two months now. Today felt like a good day to whip it together.

Presenting the Schoolhouse Tunic...

Schoolhouse Tunic

I really liked how this turned out. I can see myself actually wearing it in my actual life. (Always a plus when you make a garment.) I'm especially relieved at the result, because I used some spensy Japanese fabric called Nani Iro. The double gauze fabric is really unique and fun to sew with. And I think it gives my tunic a nice little drape.

Schoolhouse Tunic 2

Ready for some stats?
Pattern: Schoolhouse Tunic
Source: Sew Liberated
Fabric: Nani Iro Fuccra fabric in brown
Made for: Moi
Date Started and Completed: January 18, 2011
Mods: I added length to the bodice.

Schoolhouse tunic and french doors

You know, I forgot how much I like this craft thing.

28 comments:

Kat said...

I bought this pattern and some material for it ages ago but never got around to making it. I think I might sew it up to take to Europe in March. Yours looks fantastic!

Carolyn said...

It looks so great!! I've had this pattern sitting on my shelf for almost a year now...you may have inspired me to break it out!

knitseashore said...

It looks so artsy, Kara, that you must wear it when you sit down to write your novel. I am sure it will provide more inspiration faster than you can write it all down!

CassiLou said...

Absolutely Love it! And you look fabulous Dah-ling!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Wonderful project and post!

Meg said...

Super cute! I'm going to have to look into double gauze. The stuff at my local store just isn't cutting it any more.

Diane said...

What a darling tunic! I love it. And I love the fabric. Good job, Kara. Keep it up!

Anneliese said...

Love it love it. I'm so glad you've got your craft back on!

Things to Do said...

Lovely print!!

Adam and Bri said...

you're cute when you're crafty.

ty and megs said...

oh i really, really love this!!

Stacy said...

It looks great! Love it.

Jacey said...

It's really cute on you, Kara! I never purchased any of the double gauze, but I've admired it for agres. Great job!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

triple darling!...darling tunic, darling girl, darling archway!

Lisa said...

Really cute! I would wear it!

Erin said...

It turned out so cute! Love that fabric so much. You are making me want to sewsewsew!

Nicola said...

I love it! I'm jealous, I wish I had such productive craft days.

Melanie said...

So cute and I love that archway!

ali said...

oh, Japanese double gauze..... drool.....

looks ab fab Kara!

Lap Dog Knits said...

Love the style, looks really great and fun to wear...cool door behind you too! I could see several of these in the closet to wear!

caknitter said...

I love tops like that, fashionable and comfortable. :-)

Durrett Family Band said...

Love, love, love. You're looking gorgeous.

Jill said...

I can't believe you have not been crafting every day since your surgery! For shame! Love the tunic, love the fabric. Hope you are feeling better.

Better Living said...

I was just thinking *I* needed to make a tunic for spring! Love the color on you!

Sigrid said...

nice! there is nothing better than sewing yourself something out of Japanese fabric, especially in January!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Absolutely darling on you!

Nantucket Dreams said...

i love that fabric and the pattern as well...it looks awesome! and i think it will look great on a bike! :)

Amy said...

Oooo! LOVE it! Makes me wish that I had more time for sewing (and if I didn't do alterations all day I might be more inclined to make the time). Looks great on you too. I bet it will be wonderful for the spring.