Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A little world of my own

I promise that I'm not trying to be a show off with all my fabulous birthday presents, but I have to share this one with you guys.

My friend, Jeff, has become quite the Terrarium Master. So imagine how happy I was when Jeff gave me one of his amazing creations.

My new Terrarium

The best part? Well, have a closer look.

Bikes in the Mist

Do you see them? Here, look even closer.

Bikes in a Terrarium

Mini-bicycle people! I like to imagine these two bicyclists are enjoying a ride in their teeny, tiny park.

Bikes in a teeny tiny park

And what's great, I think I can handle the upkeep of a terrarium, considering there's practically none. Oh, how I love it so. Thank you, Jeff!

18 comments:

knitseashore said...

Love. It's such a personal gift!! Do you have to water it at all?

caknitter said...

Wow. What happens if you remove the lid? Will it survive?
That Jeff sure is a great friend for thinking of you this way. Is he the one that snagged the Olympic mittens for you?

Amy said...

OMG! I love it! Well done too. My husband made a couple of terrariums about 2 years ago. Still got 'em too! But ours don't have Lil cyclists.

Laurel said...

um, who is this guy?
not gonna lie, married or not, I have a little crush

(seriously, chica, you had one amazing bday!)

Meg said...

Oh. My. Gah. I am (coincidentally) obsessed with terrariums right now, and I am majorly jealous of yours.

Carolyn said...

What a great gift! I giggled when I saw the little bike people!

Jacey said...

It's awesome! The bike people are so cute.

ali said...

that's cute! I like terrariums.

Megan said...

What the what?? Well done Jeff!!! Amazed.

Erin said...

This may make me sound dumb but I am not really sure I know what a terrarium is. It looks awesome though. Well done Jeff!

Elisa M said...

So awesome! You have crafty friends and family.

Jeff said...

Wow, I can't believe something I created made it onto Knitting Lemonade. I'm so excited. Although the terrarium doesn't even come close to your mom's amazing pillow. Hope you had a happy birthday.

inspiredcyclist said...

A belated happy birthday! What a truly thoughtful and meaningful gift! ENJOY!

Kat said...

What a cool present idea! I love the little people. They are adorable!

Stacy said...

Completely awesome! Happy birthday!

Dottie said...

Now that is cool!

Nantucket Dreams said...

What a terrific gift! Very outside the box and beautiful too!

Velouria said...

Oh my goodness, this is just amazing!