Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bicycle and stitches

Remember this darling bicycle girl video by Kate Spade? Well, by connecting with the artist, Meghan Eplett on Pinterest, I was able to find this line drawing of the girl on the bike. (Are you not on Pinterest yet? Um, what is taking you so long?! Seriously, get thee to the Pinterest!)

When I saw the drawing, I thought to myself, "Hey, wouldn't that be a cute embroidery? Why yes, Kara, it would."

So I asked Meghan if I could use her design for my little project and she gave me the green light.

At that point it was a matter of transferring the design onto the fabric. I decided to use a flour sack towel as a practice material for this. If this works out, I might upgrade the material. But for now the flour sack worked great because it's thin enough that I could place the drawing underneath and just trace it through the fabric using a fabric pencil.

Well, hello there, missy!

She is now fully transferred and I have started stitching. Stay tuned...

16 comments:

knitseashore said...

Your inspiration and talent blows me away. Can't wait to see what bicycle girl becomes.

Jacey said...

Oh, goodness. This is awesome! How cool that the designer was cool with you embroidering her lovely drawing. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Amy said...

Noooo! I don't need anymore inspiration for crafty projects! ;) This is too cute! Can't wait to see how she turns out. :)

Kat said...

What a cool image to use! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Oh & I love pinterest. It is amazing!

inspiredcyclist said...

How clever! Can't wait to see your finished project! Go Kara Go!

Caprene said...

I signed up two days ago and have no idea how to use pinterest yet, and I keep getting emails that so and so is following me. So much pressure to learn!!!

Love the cross stitch idea.

Carolyn said...

Adorable! I love this idea and can't wait to see how it turns out!

Erin said...

This is going to be so gorgeous. And I am impressed with your social networking skills!

Stacy said...

So perfect for you!

ali said...

ooo-- I can't wait!

Elisa M said...

Ugh, that is so cute and you will do such a good job and the way you got it was so awesome that I have nothing to say. Except that I want to sit and drink a beer with you and work on crafty things.

Carolyn said...

Go Kara Go! Can't wait to see what bicycle girl becomes!

Homeowner Insurance

katriniella said...

This is lovely, what a great idea! I loved that video--you're embroidery always looks so great, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Adam and Bri said...

well, now that's adorable.

Dottie said...

Cool! I love to see how the internet brings together creative people from far-flung places.

I'm not on Pintrest, although I keep reading about it everywhere. Hmm...

naturallycyclingmanchester said...

You're so talented! You should open an Etsy shop!! :D xoxo