Friday, June 24, 2011

A photo for a Pilen

Lovely Bicycle is having a contest to win the Pilen bicycle she's been reviewing these past couple of weeks. This bicycle is tall and Swedish--just like me! So really I had no choice but to give it a go. On top of that, it would be amazing to win this very cool bike.

The contest is to submit a photo that pays homage to Swedish cinema. So here is my submission, entitled, "Trapped by love."

Trapped by Love

I was trying to evoke isolation, while having no desire to break from my prison. Layers, my friends. Layers.

Fun Fact: I share a surname with a famous Swedish Director. So I felt like I was getting in touch with my roots with this contest.

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Um, awesome! Great shot! Love the framing and perspective.

caknitter said...

Clever and very artsy!

caknitter said...

I forgot to add a... GOOD LUCK!!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

way cool shot!

Jax+Puzzle said...

Great entry, Kara - good luck :)

Jacey said...

So artsy! I love it, Kara. You do look like your searching for something. I hope you win!

CassiLou said...

you totally kill me love you to pieces. good luck!

knitseashore said...

What a great shot! You should definitely win.

I am just curious: how does cycling relate to Swedish cinema? Is the blogger giving the contest also a fan?

Sue said...

Cool - I like it. I hope you're a contender; best of luck!

Carolyn said...

Holy smokes! I love that shot! Really beautiful, Kara! Good luck!!!

Laurel said...

Anonymous said...um...THAT. is. awesome.
YOU are awesome.

Seriously. you are SO winning.

Dottie said...

Love it! Hope to see you and the Pilen together.

Nicola said...

This is a WINNER. I just know it!

Adam and Bri said...

that picture is perfect and a half. you're so cute.

Erin said...

I am in love with this picture. Will you please frame it for me?

ali said...

I think that is very cool, and I love the picture.

Felix said...

I absolutely LOVE this photo!! It's such a great image in so many ways.

KnitPastis said...

Looks like it's right out of a movie!

GIRL DATING NYC said...

You better win! Your dining room definitely needs another bike. : )