Saturday, August 13, 2011

Meeting Jessica


Last week, I had a first for my blog life. I met one of my blog friends. Jessica, of The Happy and Healthy Blog, was in SLC for the Outdoor Retailers Expo so we decided to take advantage of her trip to my neck of the woods and meet up for dinner.

It is funny meeting people from blogs. I liken it a bit to online dating. It is like, I feel like I know this person based on reading their posts and e-mails. I know what they look like from pictures. But when you actually set a date to meet, you still get a little nervous because in actuality, they are still a stranger.

But once I saw Jessica and spent 30 seconds with her, I knew we were going to have a fun time. And we did. We headed up to Park City where we had a lot of great food and laughs.

2 meals become 1. I love sharing!

Us on Main Street, Park City

Of course, being bike girls, we had to take advantage of this photo op!

Yeah, I had a major case of the crazy face.

How it's done.

Jessica has a such a great outlook on life. And it was really interesting to discover that we share a lot of similarities (we're born only three days from each other!) and life experiences.

In this stage of my life, I find that I don't make new friends as often or as easily as I did when I was in my 20s. But it is such a pleasant surprise when it happens. It only confirms to me that this blog has been a pretty fabulous way to meet a lot of wonderful people that I can call my friends, whether we meet in person or not.

PS - I cannot wait to read Jessica's book when it comes out. (Oh yeah, did I mention she is an authoress!)

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Awesome - it is so nice to meet blog friends in person! Glad you two had fun.

Kenoshia said...

Very neat! I'm glad that you two hit it off.

Sigrid said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've had a couple of somewhat awkward experiences where a person I meet knows a lot about me and the conversation is like no other I would ever have with a stranger. I had a meet up recently with a good blogger friend and had the same feelings you speak of, but she was very very great and I am glad we finally had the chance to meet. We all share a lot out here, sometimes we owe it to each other to step out of the box...

Jacey said...

That's so cool! I'm glad you had a fun time with Jessica. The bike pictures are hilarious!

lauren said...

aw yay! I love meeting people in person that I know from the internets, but I know what you mean - there is always that moment of "OMG what if this is AWFUL!" It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the contrast between the first pic of you two (smiling) and then second one (smiling BIG).

Carolyn said...

Yay! I'm glad the two of you had so much fun together!

Sue said...

How fun that you got to meet and hang out together.

ali said...

ok, I'm imagining the lucky person that has to meet a stranger and then have it be you-- that would be a blast for anyone!

Jeff said...

Wow, you're such a blog superstar with your blogger friends from the Outdoor Retailer Show. Someday I'm going to grow up to be a blog superstar like you.