Saturday, November 12, 2011

It is time for another vacation?

Who would have thought that I would do so well posting while on vacation and do so horribly upon my return home? Oh, you did. You know me so well.

NYC was such an amazing trip. I loved showing my mom around the city with Erin. We made some serious memories. On top of that, I was able to reconnect with two of my best friends, Jacqueline and Meredith. It really was one of the best trips.

As such, it was pretty difficult to get back into the groove of work, especially with it being an extra challenging week. But that doesn't mean I haven't tried to be creative on my own time.

I have cast on for a new hat with the koigu I bought at Purl Soho.

Koigu cast on
Colors are a bit darker and richer in person.


It is going to be a chevron-type beret (I'm using this free pattern). It's still in the beginning stages, but so far so good. I was thinking if I have some yarn leftover,  maybe I could make some matching arm warmers, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I know better than to underestimate my laziness.

11 comments:

katriniella said...

That beret is so cute! The more I see adorable knitted items, the more I want to take up yet another hobby. Dangerous! I'll just watch yours for now.

anniebikes said...

Yes, the colors are coming alive. Thanks for sharing your new hat.

A side note: Is the new background of your blog one of your own creations?

Kara said...

anniebikes...It is! It is a scarf I knit many moons ago. Back when I was blonde.

http://knittinglemonade.blogspot.com/2007/02/my-copycat-scarf.html

Kat said...

that yarn is gorgeous! I love the colour combo.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

What beautiful colours! Feel better soon. x hivenn

Jacey said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! Your Koigu knitting looks wonderful so far! Makes me want to make a match for my Koigu sock (that I may or may not have finished last year or early 2011...).

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time! And that beret is going to be delicious!

inspiredcyclist said...

Beautiful colors! So glad you had a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED seeing you and sharing the first NY snow of the season! Come back soon!!! And next time we need to take more photos!!! (To get one good one!!!) - Mer

Amander said...

I like it when you blog :).

ali said...

oh that's a cute pattern! I can't wait to see it finished