Monday, November 14, 2011

Liberty Pom Pom Cowl

Upon seeing the picture of my loot from Purl, my friend, Karen, left a comment asking if I was planning on making a Liberty Pom Pom Cowl. Yup, she nailed it. 

Pom Pom Scarf Loop

I've been eyeing this Purl tutorial for a while now. And Karen and I have held discourses on how fab it would be to use Liberty of London fabric instead of plain linen. We were so right.

Stars! Pom Poms! What a delight!

Stars close up
Don't look  too closely at the stitching. Yikers!

I did have to wrangle those pom poms a bit. But luckily I got some help from my mom, aka the Pom-Pom Whisperer. Other than that, this cowl was another quick (and oh so cute) project.

Pom Pom Scarf

10 comments:

Better Living said...

I love the Liberty. Love the poms. Love that we talked at such great lengths about both!

Andi said...

This is an awesome use of Liberty of London fabric because it shows off the print so well. It's really cute.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh this has been on my to do list too!!! Your scarf turned out beautiful, what wonderful fabric to frame your face and a beautiful memory of NYC.

Jacey said...

It's fabulous!! Seriously, it's my favorite Liberty print (well, this and the peacock feathers!). Gorgeous!!

inspiredcyclist said...

Awwwwww, totally adorable!

Stacy said...

Love it.... just perfect! Enjoy wearing it.

La Mañosa said...

Wow, it turned out so cute! I was drooling over this tutorial, too, and just finished mine yesterday. I used a blue shot cotton. Those pom poms were really a challenge for me. Lucky for you that you had the Pom Pom Whisperer! :)

CassiLou said...

Tres Chic!

caknitter said...

Nice. Gonna have to follow your lead and come up with a fabric scarf too.

ali said...

very cool! I keep wanting to get me some liberty fabric but dang it's expensive! maybe I'll start small with enough to do an accessory or so...