Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chevron Beret

After a couple of starts and stops, the Chevron Beret is finished.

Chevron Beret

I don't know why this fairly simple knitting pattern tripped me up at first. A couple of times, I got to the end of a row and had an extra stitch. Of course I could not be bothered expend the brain function to figure out why and put it aside. But eventually I came back to it, frogged some rows, and got on the right track.

From the top

When I first tried it upon casting off, disaster. It was like a beanie--very fitted on my head. Not really the look I was hoping for. But after washing it and drying it over a plate, it gained a more beret-esque attitude. While it still is not a full-on beret, it is cute and wearable. 

Wearing the new beret
Like my scissors necklace? I got it here.

And here are some Chevron-y stats...

Chevron close up
Pattern: La Parisenne Beret
Ravelry link: Here
Yarn: Koigu PPPM (P218 9) and Reynolds Soft Sea Wool
Needle size: US 2 circulars
Made for: Moi
Date started: November 7, 2011
Date completed: December 10, 2011

21 comments:

Durrett Family Band said...

You look gorgeous! And are you wearing a chain? Have you overcome your aversion to chains? I can't imagine what others things have changed since I last saw you. Love you!

Carrie said...

I love that necklace!

Maryse said...

Very nice! The colors are very nice! I'm glad it ends up fitting!

Jill said...

This is one of my faves. I love the subtle chevron and color palette. Also, I am loving the liner from your previous post. I was so happy when you pinned the tape tutorial. You need to slow down on all this mastering stuff because you are just too good at too many things, Kara!

Pam said...

Super cute and very Missoni-ish.

Sigrid said...

your knitting skills amaze me! love the socks too. and that necklace?! wonderful.

anniebikes said...

How pretty, though I was excited to see a beret on your bean. Maybe next time...spanking color palette. It reminds me of your blog background.

Sara said...

super adorbs! Glad to see your knitting mojo is back in full force.

Carolyn said...

I LOVE this hat! I love the beret style and the chevron pattern is gorgeous on it! I feel like I could stare at it all day!

Jacey said...

It's adorable, and very Kara!

ali said...

you're my hero. I totally love it. you know I, like you, love a chevron stripe.

Erin said...

Ohhh, it's so cute! I LOVE.

Windybrook Spinner said...

It's adorable.

Julie Crawford said...

ooh, what a gorgeous beret!! I love the variegated with the cream, it looks fantastic.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely beautiful beret and photo!!! My daughter is really into berets right now so I am loving this project. The beret suits you perfectly and the other photo, I think there is a parasol. Lovely.

Adam and Bri said...

well, that's adorable.

Karen said...

So cute--I love the colors! Hat-wearing is truly your gift (and look how you've mastered that fancy eyeliner!).

Gilda Knits said...

love it!

inspiredcyclist said...

Everything about this is sheer perfection...the colors, the stitches! AbFab Kara!

Heidelweiss said...

Love love love. I may have to knit that as well.

Jessica C--The Happy and Healthy Blog said...

Tiny yarn is such a pain! But the finished product is dreamy. I wish you lived across town--I need a knitting tutor! :)