Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last knit of 2011

Ion

Here lies the last project of 2011. For Christmas, my sister, Erin, knit a hat for my other sister, Bri. Since it was super cute and I couldn't bear to be left out, I knit myself one over the last couple of days. (BTW, Erin is knitting herself one too. It is an epidemic!)

Pom-pom, you guys. And little bobbly knots.

Ion details

I have decided that it is much easier to meet a new year head on when you are wearing a darling hat.

Me in Ion


Good thing I like pom poms

Of course, here is the knitty gritty...

Pattern: Ion by Norah Gaughan
Ravelry link: Here
Yarn: Rowan Renew in Pick Up
Needle size: US 10 and 10 1/2
Made for: Moi
Date started: December 29, 2011
Date completed: December 30, 2011

Happy New Year, everyone! See you in 2012.

15 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

twinners! (soon to be triplets!)

hats off to you. it's perfect.

Windybrook Spinner said...

So perfect for New Year's!

Jax+Puzzle said...

Cute!! And I love your Anthropologie clock sweater - I have that one too, perfect for ringing in the new year!

inspiredcyclist said...

So sweet! And I love your sweater with the clock faces, perfect for New Year's Eve. I am finishing up a "gaptastic cowl" this evening or tomorrow. Happy 2012!

Maryse said...

What a nice happy hat and just in time to be a 2011 FO! Happy New Year!

knitseashore said...

Sneaky, sneaky, finishing just under the wire like that! Love the colors and envy your sisterness. Happy New Year!!

Diane said...

Loved the hat on your little sister. Love the hat on you! I think it is the perfect hat for you and sisters! Lovely color Kara--well done!

Lap Dog Knits said...

Adorable....and I love the fabric you're wearing with the clocks/watches.

Enjoy the week ahead!!!
Happy New Year

Erin said...

Love it! Yours looks fab. Must finish mine...

Jacey said...

Such a cute hat! You might have infected me, too!! Happy new year, Kara!

Carolyn said...

It's adorable! And sisters definitely need matching pom-pom hats!

Kelley said...

I'm so glad I came across your blog!! I love all of your posts, and your knitting projects are beautiful :)

LC said...

Happy New Year Kara! Hope 2012 has started with muchos fun :D xxx

ali said...

its very cute! I regret not trying it on while I was with you...

Sara said...

This is also quite adorable. It must have only taken you a couple hours to complete. Those are my favorite kind of projects!