Monday, January 9, 2012

Better Each Day

I really don't put a lot of stock into new year's resolutions. Generally, I am oh so bad at keeping them. But you know what? 2011 was tough, guys. I was glad to see its backside walking out the door. So it feels right to try to make some simple changes that will make 2012 a better year to live in.

Helping me is my blog (and now real-life) friend Jessica through her awesome book: Better Each Day. Based on her talks with experts and personal experience, she has created 365 concise, yet helpful tips for a better life. It's this easy-to-digest format that makes me feel like I can realistically make some needed changes, one day at a time. Slow and steady wins the race, right?


I am currently making my way through Jessica's book, but here are a couple of my favorite tips so far:

Be realistic about your resolutions.
Keep your friendships healthy.
Don't dwell on goofs and gaffes.
Go ahead, be a couch potato--as long as you bike or walk to work.

Here Jessica is being her cute self in the book trailer for Better Each Day. (Yeah, my friend has a book trailer. Cool, right?) 



With a little work on my part, I think 2012 is going to be a good year. 

4 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Reading this post is just what I needed to start the day. Have a great one Kara.

anniebikes said...

Thanks for words of encouragement. I hope you have a better year.

Carolyn said...

Here's to 2012 treating you right!!

Jacey said...

Bit by bit. That is how things get done. You can do it, Kara!